11 - Santa Monica Nights

••••

The observatory was nestled in one of Los Angeles largest parks, Griffith Park. Even though most the attractions were closed by 10pm, Caroline was still star struck by the park. It was a beautiful place, but it would be impossible to walk it all in one day.

"Are you ready to go back? Or can I keep you out a little longer?" Brandon asked, looking down at Caroline.

"I'm sure Kelsey will be fine alone." Caroline chirped.

"Oh, I got Austin and Ansley over there keeping her company. They were taking her some waffle place last time I checked in." Brandon laughed.

"Then, show me more of Los Angeles." Caroline smiled, still wrapped around his arm. He looked at his watch again.

"If I speed and traffic is light, we can make the Ferris wheel at Santa Monica." Brandon chuckled.

"Oh that sounds like my cup of tea! Take me already!" Caroline yelled dramatically, before falling into a fit of giggles.

Brandon licked his lips and chuckled at her. "Why are you laughing?"

"I don't know, honestly. I'm just so free and happy right now." Caroline sighed happily.

Brandon smiled, he had smiled and laughed the whole night to the point his cheeks were hurting. He was falling for her every second their date continued and he wasn't ready for the night to end.

The ride to Santa Monica was longer than Caroline thought it would be. She was t sure she'd ever get the hang of the LA traffic. The ride was spent with small talk about their futures, music taste, and lives in general. They were still strangers and had six years to backtrack on.

The Santa Monica pier was crowded and bright. Brandon was unfazed by all the congestion and lights, but Caroline was in awe again. Brandon grabbed ahold of her hand and intertwined their fingers as she walked around. 

The lights reflected off her skin making her look beautiful under the neon lights. Her smile was spread across her face, she was even smiling with her eyes. She looked truly happy which made Brandon excited. He had feared she would hate wherever he took her because she had changed so, but to his surprise, she was almost exactly the same Caroline.

"Oh my God! The Ferris wheel is so beautiful. Look at the lights!" Caroline cooed as she pushed through the crowd to get to Pacific Park. It wasn't extremely crowded in the amusement park, so it was easier to go through the crowd.

Brandon paid for the two tickets and they went and stood in line. Caroline bounced on the balls of her feet as they waited in line. She reminded Brandon of a small child stuck in an adult body.

Finally, it was their turn to get on the Ferris wheel. They climbed in and Caroline automatically started to look at the view around her. Brandon snapped a quick picture of her for his story and captioned it before posting it. She was by far the best view in Los Angeles. She glanced to Brandon and flashed him a smile.

The Ferris wheel stopped for people to get a good look at the view. They were at the very top of the Ferris wheel. Brandon took that time to scoot as close as he possibly could to Caroline. She didn't seem to mind since she she placed her hand on his thigh as she looked at the view.

"Caroline?" He said, his voice sounding more gruff than it had been the whole night.

Caroline looked to him in amusement, biting her lip to keep from cackling again. He didn't give her time to reply before he placed his lips on hers. He could taste her chapstick as she began to move her lips in sync with his. She moved her hands and placed her hands around the back of his head, lightly running her fingers through his hair. He placed one hand on her jaw and another hand on her thigh.

"I've wanted to do this all night." He whispered lustfully against her ear. His gruff voice in her ear sent chills down her spine. Her breath hitched as he began to move his hand further up her leg.

"Brandon...public place." She breathed out finally, pulling her face away from his.

"We can finish in the car." He replied, winking at her. He didn't move his hands as he pecked her lips again as the Ferris wheel came to a stop again.

Caroline hurried off of it and adjusted her clothes. She was bothered and he knew it. He came up behind her and placed his arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to him.

"So, you're spending the night right?" Brandon winked as they made their way back to the car.

"Only if you want to finish what we started." Caroline winked back.

"Oh yeah. I hope you can wait an hour." Brandon mused as he opened her car door. Caroline shrugged and got in the car. When he shut the door she let out a breath she had been holding in. Caroline Mclaren was never one to "put out" on the first date, but that was all about to change.

••••