27- Keeping Up with the Girlfriends

••••

Caroline wasn't much of a spa day type of girl, but she was more than excited to get to know the other girls better. Even though Ansley had already had plans to go with her friends somewhere, the only four girls set up everything they'd need in the living room . Caroline was excited to get to know Auburn and Vera better, but she was also disappointed that she and Brandon hadn't spent any alone time together yet.

"What kind of music do you guys like?" Vera asked, looking at Kelsey and Caroline.

"Oh, anything is fine with us." Kelsey smiled. Vera turned back around and played some playlist Brandon had made for her a while back.

The girls had started by painting each other's nails. Caroline looked forward to doing this most of all. She had told Vera she'd do hers while Kelsey sat down in front of Auburn.

"Jesus, you're feet are so perfect." Kelsey stares, holding Auburn's foot in her hand.

"I religiously get pedicures." Auburn laughed. "Nick went with me last time and got one."

"How'd you meet Nick anyhow?" Caroline asked.

"Oh, uhm, well, I uhh, slid in his DMs as a dare and when he replied, I practically ghosted him. He kept pestering me so I finally responded and here we are." Auburn admitted embarrassingly. The other girls laughed but didn't press her any further.

"What about you Vera? How'd you end up with Edwardo?" Kelsey asked, glancing over at her.

So Vera how did you meet Edwin?" Caroline asked.

"Oddly enough, I met him through a 360 party. Me and Edwin don't have a damn thing in common, yet we just clicked." Vera said, letting out a giggle.

Caroline could easily tell how much she loved him and the other guys. Vera looked up at Caroline with a big smile that reminded her of Edwin.

"You and Brandon were old friends weren't you? You two seem so in love." Vera cooed.

"The honeymoon phase. The sex great during that phase." Kelsey quipped. Vera and Auburn let out a cackle as Caroline blushed furiously. She jabbed Kelsey with her elbow causing her to lean to the side.

"Well at least your getting some. I still have competition!" Kelsey, all but, yelled out.

"Sammi?" Auburn asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh girl, don't worry about her. She's a hookup who thinks she'll make it to the dating phase. Zion likes you though and with you moving to LA he'll pursue you." Vera said, rolling her eyes.

"He told you I was moving?" Kelsey asked, her cheeks blushing.

"Yeah, he told me and Brandon last night when we still up. By the way please tell me one of you stay up late." Vera replied, looking around at them.

"Shii, I go to bed like an old lady." Kelsey laughed.

"Oh, I pull all nighters a lot. Still somehow wake up before Nick." Auburn laughed.

"Yes! Someone besides Brandon and Zion to talk to after midnight." Vera said, triumphantly, leaning over to hug Auburn. "I'm so glad to have friends that like my boyfriend and his friends."

"You're friends don't like Ed?" Caroline asked in disbelief.

"They like how he treats me, but they wouldn't be caught dead hanging out with him or his friends. Too stuck up for them." Vera sighed.

"Do you live with the guys?" Caroline asked. She hadn't heard any of them mention her staying there, but she seemed so at home in their house.

"God no! I love Edwin and all, but relationships need space and time apart. If you live together or constantly stay up each other's ass, you'll eventually fall out of love." Vera said.

Caroline nodded her head. She didn't necessarily agree with her because she'd spend every waking minute with Brandon if she could.

"Hey, you know how you said you and Ed had nothing in common?" Auburn chimed in. Vera nodded and looked at her expectedly. "You're both like motivational speakers and that's really cool and all."

"Thank you. He's rubbing off on me for sure." Vera smiled lovingly.

"So Vera What are you in school for?" Auburn asked her.

"Social work. I only moved here bc of gymnastics and my scholarships. I miss North Carolina like crazy." Vera said, sadness glazing over her eyes.

"Oh did you know Austin?" Caroline asked.

"Nah, we lived in different towns. I'm from the coast." Vera said, a small smile on her face.

Caroline nodded her head and finished doing her nails. They continued to talk about anything that crossed their minds. By the time they were done, Caroline felt like she knew each of the like she had known them their whole lives. She was glad that Edwin and Nick has found such gems of girls to join the group. She was starting to convince herself that even if her father didn't approve, she'd still be willing to transfer just to get to spend time with the girls.

••••

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 2K!

Also if you like Vera and Auburn they appear in their own stories! Caroline and Kelsey also appear in them too