18- Study Buddy

••••

It was a week later and Caroline was still ignoring Brandon. She missed him terribly, but she didn't know what to say to him. Anytime she thought about him, that poem would pop into her mind and she'd get mad all over again. She knew he didn't mean for it to upset her and she didn't want it to upset her.

School was also weighing her down. This had been the hardest semester of her life and she barely had time to talk to Kelsey during the day. She knew she definitely didn't have time to sit down and talk to Brandon when he was able to talk to her. It was about time for her to face the sad reality that her and Brandon's newfound friendship had washed away in two weeks.

The phone rang causing her to look away from her textbooks and look at the phone. Brandon was calling yet again, but she had a test tomorrow that she had to study for. She let it go to voicemail, but he called back to back several times. She picked up the phone and slide the arrow to answer.

"Damn, Brandon, what do you want?" She asked.

"Hello to you too. Go open your door." He stated, hanging up on her.

Caroline rolled her eyes and tossed the phone to the side. She hesitantly walked to the front door and open it. Standing before her was Brandon and his luggage.

"What the fuck?" Caroline asked, opening the door further.

"You won't answer my calls, so I decided to come you in person." Brandon smirked. "Also I'm sorry about the song, it's been taken down everywhere and I've admitted whose words they were."

"Good, but you deserve this." Caroline stated.

"Wha-"

Before he could finish his question a hand collided with his cheek. Caroline had put a lot of force behind that slap. He couldn't see his face but he knew he had a Caroline size hand print on his face.

"I'll give you that one." Brandon shrugged.

"I feel a lot better now, but I wasn't entirely ignoring you. I'm swamped with schoolwork." Caroline said, walking back towards her living room.

"Any way I can help?" He asked, following her with his luggage in tow.

"You serious? I need to memorize all these medical terms tonight." Caroline said, holding up a deck of notecards.

"Let's do this." He chirped, dropping his luggage at his feet and sitting on the couch beside her.

"Hang on, I gotta do something first." She replied, wrapping him in a big hug. "I've missed you, B."

He wrapped his free arm around her and held the hug for a little bit longer before she slid out his grasp. She couldn't be mad at him for using the poem once she saw his face in person. She had missed him and she was just glad to have him back in her life for a little bit longer.

For the next couple hours they sat on the couch in close proximity reviewing gross medical conditions. He'd make some silly joke about them and that somehow helped her remember them. It was nice to sit there with him and be that close to him and not feel guilty about it.

"It's getting late, Care, and I'm hungry." Brandon said, looking at his watch.

"We could order takeout?" Caroline suggested.

"Sounds good to me, where from?" He asked.

"I'm about to die for a burger from Vig. Look at the menu for The Vig Fillmore and order us something on postmates." Caroline said, finishing up some of her homework. "I want the Vig Burger with no jalapeños and with onion rings."

Brandon looked up the menu and ordered them both something to eat. He was happy to be around Caroline again. All seemed right in the world with her around. He had managed to get some time to travel and spend the weekend with her. Kelsey had told him how busy she had been and how overwhelmed she was getting. He just hoped to take some things off her mind this weekend while he visited.

••••

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS!!
THIS IS INCREDIBLE. I'M SO SHOCKED !!

Also sorry for this awful filler chapter. I needed to update since we reached 1K, but maybe this 🔥 pic of Brandon will help you not be mad at me lol

 I needed to update since we reached 1K, but maybe this 🔥 pic of Brandon will help you not be mad at me lol