03- Impact

••••

Caroline watched as Brandon walked across the rink and joined his friends. She smiled as she watched them all interact with each other. She could tell they were all really close to each other. She mentally noted to look them up later. Caroline caught a glimpse of Kelsey coming up to the wall beside her.

"Why'd you disappear over here?" Kelsey asked, leaning against the wall.

"Well after you let me go, I literally ran into an old friend. That's him in the white shirt over there." Caroline replied, pointing towards Brandon and his group of friends.

"Really? Wanna hook a friend up with Nick?" Kelsey said, winking at her.

"I don't know him that well. We went to school together and did some music lessons together, but we grew apart when high school started." Caroline explained.

"Well did you at least get his number? He looks like a hot nerd." Kelsey said, staring at the group. "Also when did you get a fucking ICEE?"

Caroline laughed and shook her head. "He's got mine though and he bought it when we started talking."

Kelsey gave her a look. "Way to go. Making him make a first move. I like it."

Caroline lightly pushed her, hoping somewhat she'd fall back. "Stop, it's not like that! He'll probably never even talk to me again. He hasn't tried in all these years, why now?"

Kelsey shrugged her shoulders. She didn't have a reasonable answer except that he was a guy. Kelsey made her way off the rink and took her shakes off. The place was beginning to clear out since it as near closing. It seemed as if Brandon, his friends, and them two where the last ones left.

"Wanna go get some Barbecue? Skating makes me hungry." Kelsey asked, grabbing her phone out her pocket.

"Sure!" Caroline replied.

The girls walked past the group of guys unintentionally. Kelsey and Nick made eye contact, winking at one another.  Caroline smiled and waved goodbye to Brandon one last time. He waved back to her. Edwin laughed thinking back to when Caroline slide right into him. "Did y'all see B getting taken out by that girl? She didn't even slow down."

The rest of the boys started laughing. Edwin has been the only one lucky enough to see it. Brandon laughed and explained who she was.

"She's an old friend. I'd love to add her beats to a song, but she claims she doesn't do that anymore. I'm about to try and convince her to come to LA." Brandon explained.

"Well you got like a week to convince her. They start school soon." Nick said, remembering his conversation with Kelsey. "But how you going to convince her to make beats?"

"I don't know. I mean she got me into music production so I know she can do it still. It's just a way to thank her because without her all this wouldn't have happened for me." Brandon said, trying to explain to them the impact she had on his life.

Later that night Caroline laid on her bed, scrolling aimlessly through Brandon and his friends Instagrams and Twitter. She had even watched their music videos. She was beginning to feel like she knew them all, especially this new Brandon. Suddenly her phone dinged with a new text message. Her breath hitches when she saw the contact name pop up.

Maybe Brandon
Hey it's Brandon. It was good talking to you again. Still considering that LA trip?

Caroline read the message. He was really serious about her coming to LA. Why? She quickly responded to his text and waited for his response.

Caroline
Hey! It was good talking to you too! I've been listening to your band 😂

LA sounds nice, but I don't know. School starts back soon. Didn't know you were being serious lol

Brandon 🎤
Yeah I am. I want to get you in the studio whether you like it or not 😆 How you like our music?

Caroline laughed at his text. She couldn't remember the last time she had even thought about producing music. Brandon has got even better at it based on his videos.

Caroline
My beats from middle school are still better. I see I need to teach you my ways 😜

Brandon 🎤
Come to LA and teach me these ways you speak of. Bring your friend Kelsey too. Nick likes her lol

Caroline chuckled again. She knew Kelsey liked Nick too, that's all she talked about the whole night. She still wasn't sure about going to LA though. What would even happen if they went?

••••