05- Double booked

••••

"Can't believe you got me on a plane and I survived." Caroline said, as the stepped off the plane.

"I told you it wasn't that bad to fly. Maybe you and B-dog can join the mile high club one day." Kelsey joked.

"Will you stop?! I told you I'm not here to hook up with Brandon." Caroline replied.

"Well you might have came to simply make music and reconnect with an old pal, but I came to hook up with Nick. Not gonna lie." Kelsey admitted as they walked out the terminal. 

Caroline didn't reply to Kelsey, frankly she was shocked by how blunt she was being. Kelsey was always blunt so she didn't know why she was so shocked by her words.

"Why did we take such a late flight?" Caroline yawned.

"Because someone had to work." Kelsey retorted.

The girls found their luggage and started making their way outside to find their Uber. That was like finding a needle in a haystack, but with the car being bright red it was easier to find than they thought it would be.

"Where to, ladies?" The driver, who's name they had learned was Nelson, asked. He placed their luggage in the trunk and waited for one of them to respond.

"Hotel Indigo. Do you know where that is?" Kelsey asked, looking from her phone to him. They had somehow had enough money saved for one of the swankier hotels.

"Of course. With traffic it's going to be like an hour drive." The driver said.

"A hour to travel 20 miles?!" Caroline shouted in disbelief.

"Well, Nelson, we are about to get well acquainted with each other." Kelsey smirked, climbing in the back seat of the car.

"It's mainly traffic. Everyone coming for school or leaving for home and it's a Friday." Nelson said, once he got in the car.

"It's okay, I'm sure our people understand LA traffic." Caroline chuckled. Nelson nodded and looked at them through the rear view mirror.

"What are you girls coming to LA for?" He asked. The girls looked to one another, neither knew if they should openly tell people they were there to visit celebrities.

"Uhm, just visiting some friends that live here. Last minute vacation before school." Caroline replied.

"Oh okay. My daughter went to Florida with some friends for vacation. Either of you from there?" He asked. Both girls shook their heads. He nodded and focused back on the road.

The hour drive went by faster than the girls had intended. Nelson was a typical dad who happens to love dad jokes way too much, but he seemed to be a decent guy.

Hotel Indigo was a lot nicer than the girls had thought it was. The pictures didn't do the place justice. A bellhop met them at the door and grabbed her bags from them. He placed them on a cart and followed them to the check in desk.

"Hello! Welcome to Hotel Indigo. What name was the reservation under?" A lady asked, a kind smile on her face.

"Mclaren. Caroline is the first name." Caroline replied.

The lady nodded and began to tap away at the keyboard. She soon had a flustered face as she began to look harder at the screen. Caroline and Kelsey shared a look before turning back to the lady.

"Is something wrong?" Kelsey asked, blinking rapidly at the woman.

"Uhm. I'm not sure. It looks like your room was double booked and they checked in before you." The lady, whose name tag read Albina, stated.