13- No Emotions Attached

••••

Edwin and Caroline were cutting up vegetables and topping for the burgers while Nick cooked them outside. Music was blasting from the patio as Nick danced while holding a spatula. Caroline watched him with amusement.

"He seems like a different Nick." Caroline stayed, glancing to Edwin.

"Yeah, he seems fine today. Did he hook up with Kelsey last night?" Edwin asked.

Caroline shrugged and grabbed her phone up. Kelsey hadn't contacted her once since she had left the hotel. She texted her and turned her phone back off.

"Where was everyone last night, by the way?" Caroline asked, picking up a knife and stabbing the watermelon in front of her.

"I went and got a new tattoo. Austin took Ansley, Kelsey, and Zion to eat so she wouldn't be alone. I don't know what Nick did; maybe he found a girl." Edwin replied, drying his hands off with a towel.

"Z went with them? Where exactly is Z now?" Caroline questioned. Her mind was already beginning to piece the puzzle, she just needed to hear someone else say it.

"Don't know, but he isn't here ." Edwin shrugged.

"OH MY GOD! Do you think? NOO!" Caroline screamed, causing everyone to look at her. Edwin nearly jumped through the ceiling before looking at her.

"Do I think what, woman?" He asked.

"Kelsey hasn't talked to me since last night. Zion isn't here. Nick is ultra happy for some damn reason, what if it's because someone else got her attention so he doesn't have to worry about her?" Caroline explained.

"Oh God. I did not see that coming." Edwin giggled.

"I need to go to the hotel and get ready anyway, so we'll see if he's there." Caroline smirked.

"I'll drive!" Edwin shrieked, practically running to the garage.

Caroline chuckled and followed him to the car. Caroline took the long ride to get to know Edwin. She asked him all kinds of questions; questions about his parents, siblings, girlfriend, tattoos, drawing interests. By the time they had got to the hotel, she had somehow convinced him to let her give him a manicure later that night.

The pair went up to the room and silently opened the door. Caroline carefully walked in to find Kelsey in the bed asleep. The sheets had been messed up, but she appeared to be alone.

"I don't know where Z is if he wasn't here." Edwin said, sitting on the bed that was meant to be Caroline's.

"What about me?" A voice said from behind Caroline. She shrieked and turned around to find a shirtless Zion standing before her. 

Caroline and Edwin both fell into a fit of laughter. Zion looked at them like they were crazy as they both were crouched down on the floor laughing.

"I can't.... believe you slept with her...when you are the one who...exposed her." Edwin choked out between laughs.

"Hey, the fans are the kinky ones." Zion smirked.

"Wait does Nick know?" Caroline asked, finally straightening herself up.

"Yeah. I texted him before I dove in." Zion laughed.

"Oh My God. I can't today." Caroline quipped, turning around and going to her luggage. "I've got to get a shower."

"Zion, you wanna text Brandon and see if you can dive in on that one too?" Edwin said, busting into another fit of giggles. Zion reached over and knocked him upside the head causing him to stop laughing. "I'm sorry. I couldn't help it."

Caroline rolled her eyes as she went and locked herself in the bathroom. She didn't know what kind of chaos to expect to be awaiting her by the time she got done shower, but it wasn't bad at all. She peaked her head out the bathroom after she showered and dressed to find Kelsey now wide awake and watching tv with Edwin and Zion. Kelsey caught Caroline looking and made her way to the bathroom.

"What did you do last night?" Caroline asked a soon as Kelsey shut the door.

"Zion is a flirt and easy to seduce. I saw my shot so I took it." Kelsey shrugged.

"No emotions Attached?" Caroline asked. She knew Kelsey was bound to get hurt by a random hookup with Zion if she was already emotionally attached.

"Nope. More like a one time thing. I mean a girl would easily fly out just to bang him." Kelsey winked.

"Gross." Caroline stated, fixing her hair in the mirror. "Get ready. The guys are cooking out this evening."

Kelsey began to get ready as Caroline walked out. Once she was ready they all left together. Caroline was still processing the whole hookup situation. Sometimes she never understood Kelsey's ways of relationships. The ride was rather quiet besides Edwin and Zion arguing over what song to play next. Once back to the house, everyone went their separate ways. Zion went to his room, Kelsey finished helping Caroline in the kitchen, and Edwin was outside telling Austin and Ansley what Zion had done. Their friends eventually started to show up and started to get the party started. Caroline and Kelsey finally were about to see what the guys normally did every night.

••••