04- Hardheaded & Hard to Love

••••

Brandon had spent most of the last week of tour trying to convince Caroline to go visit them in LA. He was getting no where with her. He had forgot how hardheaded she was. Soon he was enlisting the help of Kelsey.

"What up, B-dog?" She answered, followed by a chuckle.

"Hey Kels. I need your help." He breathed out.

"With what?" She asked.

"I want Caroline to come to LA and work some in the studio with me. I've been trying since Wednesday to get her to come and she won't. I even offered to pay." Brandon explained.

Kelsey laughed. Nick had talked her into going to LA, so she was now just trying to convince Caroline to also come.

"I'll see what I can do. Nick already asked me to come so we've all been working on Caroline."  Kelsey laughed.

"Alright. Let me know what magic you can do." Brandon replied.

"Will do B-dog!" Kelsey said, ending the phone call.

"Who the hell are you calling B dog?" Caroline asked, laughing as she walked into the room.

"Ya boy, Brandon. When are we going to LA?" Kelsey asked.

"I'm not going to LA. It'd be nice, but I'm not going." Caroline said, throwing herself down on the bed beside Kelsey.

"Why not? What do you really have to lose?" Kelsey asked.

Caroline sat there and thought about it. What really was keeping her from going? She was off work, didn't have class, had a failing relationship, and an itch to travel. Seeing Brandon wouldn't be such a bad thing either.

"I don't know. I just don't think traveling right now is good timing." Carolina sighed.

"Is this about Levi?" Kelsey grunted.

"Not really. We aren't speaking right now." Caroline replied.

"You need this trip as bad as I want it. I'm not asking you to sleep with Brandon. You're old friends and you seemed to click with him." Kelsey said, sitting up on the bed.

Caroline laid there and thought for a few minutes. Maybe a break away from Levi is what she needed. Maybe time in the studio was something she needed to get back into.

"Fine. I'll go to LA, but I swear to God if you hook up with Nick." Caroline groaned.

"Oh please you already know I'm going to try my best!" Kelsey laughed. "Go call Brandon and tell him you're coming!"

Caroline chuckled and nodded her head. Brandon has unsuccessfully tried to get her to come for days, but she didn't exactly know how to explain not wanting to make things worse between her and Levi by going to visit an old friend in LA.

"I'll go FaceTime him now." Caroline said, getting off the bed. She went into her own room and called him. Within a few seconds his faced popped up.

"Hey!" He shouted. She suddenly remembered he was about to do a show.

"Hey! I know you're busy, but I was going to let you know we'll be flying out to LA when y'all get back." Caroline smiled.

"That's great! I'll call you as soon as we're off stage, but I gotta run on stage like now." Brandon yelled back, ending the call.

Caroline laughed to herself and laid back on the bed. Levi called her soon afterwards. With a groan she answered it.

"What?" She asked.

"Hello to you to." He answered. "How are you today?"

"I'm fine. About to plan a trip to LA with Kelsey." She replied. It was a good time to tell him while she had him on the phone.

"I'm not invited? Understandable I guess. Why LA?" He asked.

"An old friend lives there and he wanted us to come visit. Figured it'd be a nice trip before school starts." Caroline said, sitting up in the bed.

"Well I hope you have fun and we end this fighting whenever you get back. I'm sorry for what I said." He said.

"Levi, I love that you are trying so hard. I just need some time before I can go back to us being that once happy couple." Caroline said, her heart breaking for both of them.

She loved Levi, but it was hard to love him lately. She hated even more that her heart was beginning to fall for Brandon all over again. She just hoped she'd get some much needed answers this weekend.

••••