06- Sleepyhead

••••

Edwin stood at the door with a giant smirk on his face as the girls walked up to the door. His smile was contagious and soon both girls where smirking back at him.

"Hi girls! I'm Edwin! Nick and Zion are around somewhere." Edwin shouted.

"Hey, Ed. Thanks for letting us stay the night." Kelsey replied, standing on the porch in front of him.

"Mhmm, I'm sure the whole hotel was filled. Nicks room is upstairs on the right." Edwin said, breaking into a giggle.

Caroline laughed in response as Kelsey glared at him. Kelsey opened and closed her mouth several times, trying to think of the perfect response. Finally, when Nick came into view she winked to him and looked at Edwin. "I hope the walls are soundproof, if not, you better go buy some earplugs."

"Kelsey!" Caroline shouted, dropping her bags and hitting Kelsey on the arm. Edwin's giggle was soon a full blown, hunched over fit of giggles.

"Di-Did y-you see—his face!" Edwin laughed, looking at Caroline. Caroline nodded letting out a small laugh. Nick still looked lost, yet mortified at what Kelsey had said. He had no response to what she said, except he turned around and went back into a different room of the house. Caroline could hear someone else, probably Zion, laughing.

"On a serious note, these walls are very sound proof."Edwin replies to Kelsey after calming down.

"God, Ed, just show us where we can sleep. I'm dead tired." Carolina yawned out.

"Right this way." Edwin said, inviting them into the house.

From what Caroline could see, the house was spotless from them being gone from it so long. Edwin led them up stairs and into one of the rooms. From the looks of it, Caroline could tell it was Brandon's room.

"Brandon said y'all can sleep in his room and he'd sleep on the couch tonight. His ass probably won't even go to sleep until morning." Edwin joked.

"Or he can sleep in here with Care." Kelsey winked.

"Nope, Care is perfectly fine sleeping by herself." Caroline quickly replied.

"I like you two girls. I'm going to hate to see you leave." Edwin smiled.

"I'm sure you will." Kelsey quipped, dropping her bags on the floor.

Edwin left the room and went somewhere else in the house. Kelsey looked around the room and Caroline places her suitcase on the bed.

"Did you know Brandon has a picture of you two?" Kelsey asked, picking up a picture off his dresser. Caroline walked over and looked st the picture.

"That was the day I shattered my ankle. His mom brought him to the hospital to see me after school." Caroline said, remembering ack to that horrible day.

"So y'all were really close, huh?" Kelsey asked.

"Yeah, then life took us two separate ways and we quit talking all together. I figured he had forgot I even existed." Caroline said, smiling sadly.

"Apparently not. Maybe there's more of a reason as to why he begged you to come." Kelsey smiled, placing the picture back on his dresser.