23- Caught Feelings

••••

Brandon had kept his word and called her as soon as he got settled back in at home. She was like a lovesick puppy, she didn't know how she'd survive 2 years like this. Seeing him through a screen didn't even compare to seeing him in person. He was more adorable in person, his smile was brighter, his eyes shined differently in person, his mannerisms were even different.

"Hey. How was your flight?" Caroline asked, glancing down at the screen as she walked up the stairs of her apartment building.

"It was okay. I would've rather have you beside me." He replied, a smile evident in his voice. She groaned inwardly, she would love to be beside him too.

"Three weeks." She huffed out, glancing back down to see him standing over the camera in just boxers. She wasn't sure if she was suddenly out of breath from taking the stairs or from him being almost naked; either way she was now thankful he wasn't standing in front of her in person. "Any other time you are fully clad in clothing, why no clothes all the sudden?"

"We can do this, babe!" He cheered, finally pulling on some pants while he talked to her. "Also, I just got out the shower. You like?"

Caroline stopped at the top of the stairs and held the phone up where she could look at him. She hesitated before speaking, would flirting like that fit their slow pace?

"I always like a half naked Brandon. Three more weeks." She said, smirking into the camera. Brandon's face lit up like a firecracker before a nervous laugh escaped his lips.

"Caroline, you're killing me here." He moaned, placing a hand over his heart. Caroline giggled in response. He smiled hearing her giggle. He could just imagine her throwing her head back slightly and shaking with her whole body as she laughed.

"I miss you already." Caroline whispered, walking down the hall to her apartment. She walked in the apartment to find Kelsey in a pile of covers on the couch digging into a gallon sized bowl of ice cream. Caroline held her phone back up and showed him Kelsey. "I think I better call you back."

"That's a new look for Kelsey. Hope everything is okay. Love you, babe." Brandon replied, blowing a kiss into the camera.

Caroline poked her bottom lip out and blew him a kiss back. She loved how understanding he was to her hectic life. She ended the call and said her phone into her back pocket. Kelsey let out a weird sound that Caroline had never heard a human make before.

"Kels?" Caroline asked, Stella loser to her. "What is wrong with you?"

Kelsey looked up at her and let out a sob. Caroline had never saw Kelsey cry, much less breakdown over anything.

"I've caught feelings and he doesn't feel the same way." Kelsey cried holding up her phone that had a series of text messages showing. Caroline about fainted when she saw the name.

"Really? what happened to no emotions attached?" Caroline asked, letting out a snort.

Kelsey glared at her. She was clearly in distress by the sudden feelings she had developed for Zion.

"We kept talking and it just happened! I can't help it! What do I do?!" Kelsey asked, practically begging her for help. She had never been in a situation where the guy wasn't interested in her.

Caroline took her phone and skimmed over the messages. While she was totally invading their relationship, she was totally enjoying reading their flirtatious messages.

"I mean it seems like he likes you, Kels. I think it's distance honestly. He hates long distance relationships, he tried to warn Brandon about the lonely nights he'd have." Caroline explained, handing her phone back to her.

"So, he might as well just not like me." Kelsey muttered, shoving another spoonful of ice cream in her mouth.

Carols at there and watched her friend shove spoonful after spoonful into her mouth. She was treating the whole ordeal like a breakup.

"He's probably banging some 360 member that practically lives in their house." Kelsey groaned, throwing a cover over her face. Caroline couldn't help but laugh at her. This wasn't Kelsey even on a bad day, Zion had really got to her. He had got to worse than Nick had ever thought about.

Caroline sat there for a minute before pulling a paper out her bag. She hadn't planned on telling her until she knew for sure about the plans she had. Nothing was set in stone and she didn't want to get Kelsey worked up about it.

"Kelsey, Zion said if you lived in LA he wouldn't curve you..." Caroline trailed off, handing her the paper. "Have you thought of moving?"

Kelsey let another sob escape her lips. It was more of a shocked cry out than an upset one. Kelsey had never left Arizona except with Caroline, she couldn't imagine even moving there. She looked at Caroline in amusement. For her to have that paper, she had to think about moving to LA.

••••

So I realized I never posted a face claim for Kelsey, so this is the face claim for Kelsey. Her name is Jaylen Barron.

Also enjoy this pic of Brandon 💜