A Helping Hand

Fan Cover by @_broken_chords

Amber's pov:

"That's what I'm trying to say Amber! I've been working out, ain't no one taking me down today." Liam exclaims, flexing his 'muscles' as we walk to his car.

"Yep."

"Amber!!"

"Is ain't even a word?"

"Yes it is!! Now listen to me!!" He whines, tugging on my arm as we reach his car.

"Okay, okay!" I laugh and hold up my hands in defense after getting into the car, "I've seen you, you're getting to be a better boxer, all the extra training is really helping you."

"Really?"

"Be quiet, you wanted me to say that."

"And yet it's so nice to hear it out loud." He places a hand over his heart.

"Yeah but I'm serious, you have gotten really good."

He grins at the complement and pulls out of the parking lot, "I'm not going to stop until I'm as good as him."

"Him?" I question, while he rolls his eyes and flicks my forehead.

"Ow!!"

"Him!! Ashton Rider!! Literally the guy I have looked up to since I joined the boxing team!"

"But you just joined this year..."

"That's not the point. What I'm saying is did you see all the trophies he has gotten? Gosh, I would just be glad if I got at least ten percent of that." He sighs dreamily, while still looking at the road.

I turn towards him, "I promise you, with all the effort you have been putting in, you'll get there. And even if you somehow don't, I'll still be your number one fan." He looks at me for a quick sec and smiles, while I smile back.

"You always know what to say... how are you still a single Pringle."

And.... my smile dropped into a scowl.

"Hey! I am a strong-..."

"Independent woman. Didn't hear that one before." He smirks.

"Well I could say the same for you single... uh... thing."

"Woah great comeback."

"You know what I mean!"

"Uh huh." He grins, turning on the music.

Only two songs get the chance to play until something clicks in my head.

"Wait a second." I turn the music off as he glances at me and whines.

"Amber..."

"You know, it's not fair that you know my crush but I don't know yours."

"That's because my crush is non existent."

"Come on, you don't know one guy that you wouldn't mind going out with?"

"Nope."

"I don't believe you."

"Oh look we are here!!" My gaze suddenly flicks over to the familiar building.

"This discussion isn't over."

"I don't know, you can be pretty forgetful..."

Liam parks the car before we walk in, straight to the arena where everyone else was.

"Oh look, there's your crush..." Liam sings, as he nudges me.

"He is here all the time, do you really have to say that every time I'm here."