Priorities

Amber's pov:

I know I've said this many times before but in this moment, I mean it more than ever...

LIAM.

IS.

GOING.

TO.

KILL.

ME.

Not only is he going to kill me, he is going to make it a PAINFUL DEATH.

He will grab me by my foot and drag me down the halls, tie me to the back of his car, and drag me across the highway.

...

I can't help but shiver at the thought.

"Hey Amber!" Damien says, walking up to me while I was putting my books in my locker.

"Hey Damien." I say, my voice coming out a little bit more monotone than what my voice usually sounds like.

I finish putting the books in my locker before shutting it, turning towards him with a small, but forced smile.

"Okay, something is definitely wrong. You don't force a smile unless something is troubling you."

"But my smile isn't-..."

He raises his eyebrow out me, causing me to let out a sigh, "You're right, it was kinda forced."

"What's bothering you, are you okay?"

I turn towards him, "I am now, but five minutes from now..." I take another nervous glance at the school entrance, hoping that today was another one of those days where he arrives right before the homeroom bell.

I would like to enjoy my last moments for a little bit longer...

"What do you mean?" He asks, crossing his arms over his chest while leaning against my locker, giving me a curious look.

I take a deep breath, "Liam."

"What about him?"

"He is going to kill me."

"What?"

Without thinking, I grab a hold of Damien's t-shirt and make him look me dead in the eyes, "As in HE. IS. GOING. TO. Kill. ME."

A few seconds pass before Damien bursts into laughter, catching a few stares from the students around us.

"It's not funny!" I whine as he continues to laugh, holding his stomach in the process.

"That's the reason why you are so bothered?" He asks once he is able to catch his breath.

I accusingly point my finger towards him, "Hey! Don't think you are off the hook, if I'm going down, I'm dragging you with me!"

At my words, his smile drops, and his face pales. "No..."

"Yes. I wasn't the only one who ran away from him, you're just as dead as me." I say, matter of factly.

"But-..."

"Hey!!!" Both Damien and I's heads flick to the entrance of the school to see our friend group all walking in together...

Including Liam.

Liam's eye narrow in on Damien and I, causing us to both turn our heads towards one another with wide eyes.

"RUN!" We both say at the same time before sprinting down the hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~