Who Is She

Fan Cover by @danielagnzz

Damien's pov:

"Come on.... Use your muscles!!!! Do you know what muscles are? REALLY?! BE A MAN!!!!!!" Coach screams, while some...

Most...

Of us back away...

In fear.

"Why is coach going so hard on us..." The guy next to me groans, while laying down on his stomach when the coach looks away.

"Dude we did like, five push ups."

"Shut up.... Jimmy."

I hate myself for writing this.

"Shhhh!!! You are going to make us do more!!"

"What? Can't handle the heat?!"

"I have small hands, this isn't for me."

"What the fuck, tiny hands have nothing to do with pushups."

"If it's anything, it's your tiny muscles."

"Well you know what else is tiny? Your di-...."

"Hey you three, wanna keep talking and see where that gets yah?!" Coach walks over to where I was, looking at the guys around me.

The one next to me laying on the floor quickly gets back up to a push up position while the rest of them mutter a "yes coach."

I had to admit, coach trained us hard, he doesn't slack off or even use the term 'easy day.'

But, I respect him.

He's got us to where we are today, we didn't just can handed section champions, we worked for it.

Although we don't have Ashton, Zander, or Jake this year, I am confident that Luke will lead the team to the championships.

Over the summer, he worked hard...

Well, we all did.

We also got a lot of new team members, more than enough actually.

"My arms, so weak, so tired..."

"Come on, just ten more." I whisper to him, while continuing.

He was one of the newer ones this year, his name was Nick.

Although he was struggling, I couldn't blame him.

When I joined the team, I was just straight up bone, way too skinny. Well, at least that's what Zander said he recalled.

But thanks to the boys, I became dedicated to this, and was able to build up muscle strength.

As for them, I believe that college is doing them well.

Ashton always talks about what boxing is like in college, and how different it is. And at times, he does admit, it can be rough.

But he has Julie as his number one supporter, it's weird to think of a time where it was just us without her.

We like to joke that without her, Ashton probably would have gotten expelled if Julie didn't stop him from being his usual, reckless self.

Or maybe Zander would have never admitted to any of us about being gay, a topic that he at first struggled with, but now has so much pride in.

But even for me, Julie was like the older sister I never had.

She takes care of us, and it is very clear that we all depend on her, even if she tends not to realize it herself.