Ice Ice Baby

Amber's pov:

Nervously, I take a deep breath and approach Damien and his group of friends, who were chatting and laughing in a small circle.

I can do this.

Don't be awkward!

...

Not like you can control it anyway.

Soon, I begin to hear the chatter start to disappear once they notice me nearing their group, causing them all to go dead silent.

See, I didn't even have to say anything and my presence alone was awkward enough.

But the silence was soon broken by Damien's soft voice.

"Oh guys, I would like you to meet my friend Amber." A toothy grin appears on his charming face, as everyone looks at me and with wide, friendly smiles.

"Right, Amber, you are the one that got me and Damien out of suspension off the team right?" Luke, the captain of the boxing team, asks as I shyly nod my head.

He grins at my action and continues, "Thank you for that, you really helped us out and we wouldn't even have been here if it wasn't for you, we are all really grateful for that."

Everyone nods their heads at his words, as I can't help but feel my cheeks start to redden at the sudden appreciation.

"Really it was nothing, I just thought that you guys didn't deserve to get punished for something you didn't do." I give them a friendly smile, in which they return.

"You know, I never realized you were the Coach's daughter, even though I have seen you here countless times." Julie says.

I nod my head at her words, "Yeah, my Dad is always so busy when he is coaching and running practices, so I don't think I would have made that connection either."

"After I found out it all made sense. I could never get it to click how you got coach to let them stay on the team, because I've come to learn that your dad is super strict when it comes to rules, it seems so clear now." Gianna speaks up.

"But again, thank you for what you said, even though you had to lie and risk getting in trouble, what you did was really amazing." Luke's girlfriend, Ella, says as I thank her for her kind words.

Even after hearing what all of them said, I still couldn't believe I was talking to... well them!

Well let me put it to you this way.

Basically everyone in the school knows them, if you didn't, you lived under one big rock.

I mean, two of them are topped in the school's most well-known sport, boxing.

But their friendship was just something to always admire, it was just different.

A good different.

A lot of popular clicks in our school are just a group of rude people who only let people in if they feel they meet their expectations, hence, if you weren't a thin, skinny cheerleader or a big, muscular football player, you were just... there.

Even though the group initially started from a group of boys who just liked to pull pranks on teachers and cause a some trouble here and there, they were a group that everyone just wished they were a part of.