Once A Day

Amber's pov:

I find myself quickly jumping back from Damien's hold from the sound of the door opening, which causes a small frown to appear on Damien's face.

"Hi I'm sorry to interrupt." Julie says with a sorrowful look on her face. Tears start to gather in her eyes once she sees Damien's tear stained cheeks and puffy eyes.

"No you're okay." I say softly, trying to give her a small smile, but I know it probably didn't even come close to looking like one.

I think the both of us were a little bit shaken up by the whole argument. I mean, I know that I was...

But Julie, I can't even imagine what she must be feeling, nevertheless Damien or Luke.

"I just wanted to say that it wasn't your fault Damien. It was not her place to mention your sister because it is your decision on who you want to tell. Your sister is important to you, and I understand why it's a hard topic for you to speak about."

"I-I know, but Lu-..."

"And for Luke, please don't take his words to heart. I one thousand percent believe that it was his anger from Annabelle that got him to say those words. He was angry, and he wasn't thinking straight. I fully believe that if he wasn't already annoyed with her, it wouldn't have turned out this way. He probably would have understood your point of view by letting you explain. But for now, let's just give him time to cool off, and then we can talk about it, okay? I'll make sure everything turns out just the way it's suppose to be. So just have faith in your good old bestie, okay?" Julie tries to at least get a smile out of him at the end, but it was no use.

I could tell that he was still overthinking the whole situation by the way he continued to stare at the ground in a daze. The pool in his eyes remained still, and I was afraid that he was going to burst out crying for the second time.

One of the worst feelings is watching someone who you care about in pain.

"I-I guess... I don't know. I just f-feel guilty." Damien stutters.

Without thinking, I take Damien's hand in mine, and give his hand a small squeeze, trying my best to give him any sense of comfort.

Even if it had the tiniest bit of effect, knowing that there was any way that I could have lessened his pain would make me feel ten times better.

"Hey, look at me," Julie says, causing Damien to slowly lift his eyes from the ground to her, "I'm going to go and find Luke, okay? I'll do whatever I can to fix this, so don't drown yourself in thoughts, you got that?"

He nods his head slightly before looking back at the ground. Julie then looks at me as we share a frown.

In that moment, I guess you can say that we felt helpless. As much as we can say that everything will turn out okay, and everything will go back to normal, our words are only hope.

Although I do believe in Luke and Damien's friendship, I'm afraid that it will take Damien's fragile heart awhile to cope with all of this. I don't think he's used to or even has been in the center of an argument before.

But one thing that I know for sure is that I don't think anything will be alright until Annabelle is out of the picture...

Woah that sounded a lot more dark than what I intended it to be.

After our couple seconds of eye contact, Julie mouths "are you okay?" to me, tilting her head slightly to the side in question.

I give her a small head nod, but even though I was showing one thing, I felt a completely different way.