821 - 830

#AnonymousConfessions 821:
Update #2: I actually started a conversation with him!
Some context: I'm Muslim, and as a kid I practiced, but as I grew up I forgot how to read and write arabic.
Anyway, I recently downloaded an app and I've been relearning it because I want to be a practicing Muslim, arabic helps with that, and he walked in. I was confused about something and I saw an opportunity to ask him. So he walked in, told me good morning, etc, and I said "Hey, do you know what this is?" I showed him an arabic word and he told me that he actually, too, was learning arabic!
And then the other guy came in and class started, etc. This was in my psychology class, and we were learning about parenting, etc, and we were presented with scenarios and we had to discuss them in groups.
All three of us talked about it, joked, etc, and somehow the conversation turned to politics so we talked it a little.
I feel like I made some headway today. Your guys' advice to just go for it and chill out worked! (I seriously needed to stop overthinking.)
I think our relationship from semi-strangers (if middle school counts as us not being complete strangers) to acquaintances.

Part 1/2 because this block of text is getting too big. (sorry if splitting them up is annoying)

#AnonymousConfessions 822:
Part 2/2

Since he's also learning arabic (I don't know what the story is there–pretty sure he's Muslim, because in our conversation he said he like to read the Koran, but has difficulty everywhere else) maybe we could have something to chest about?
I asked him how he's learning it, and he said via a tutor. I was on the verge of saying something along the lines of "Hey, since we're both learning arabic maybe we could text each other or talk to each other about it." But I backed out and thought it was too soon and too forward...
Anyways, yaah. That happened. I'm really hoping we get to talk more , but my biggest obstacle is getting the courage to talk. Today was a deviance from my normal behavior... I think that's because today was essentially a talk-it-out day in class-- I'm hoping there's more of those.
I'm excited, but at the same time nervous. It's like I'm worried about failing or screwing up, and that's looming over me.
That's all to report! I'm loving this anonymous confession :)

#AnonymousConfessions 823:This

is the scary, nasty, awful, horrifying, airhewnlorfjewnsriea me

is the scary, nasty, awful, horrifying, airhewnlorfjewnsriea me. Yuck. Yeah, and the other guy was my boyfriend but you know ignore him because he's.... *sob* yep yep bye bye. If you're wondering, this is from my school portfolio from two years ago, and I haven't changed a bitXD *bow* I hope that this will make everyone who sees it a little less sad by them laughing at my uglinessXD

#AnonymousConfessions 824:
I got a firefly in my pants
it keeps me up all night
a firefly in my pants
it tells me wrong from right

The firefly in my pants
wants me to give its love to you
cuz the firefly in my pants
whatever it says, it's true

#AnonymousConfessions 825:
I have a crush on a married man I work with. I've known him five years but recently we've been chatting more than we used to. I know it's not going to go anywhere, - because he's married - but every time he smiles at me it gets worse! Is he flirting with me? Is he not? Am I totally misreading the whole thing? I get the smuttiest fantasies about him all the time. I need to get it out of my system somehow, but I work with the guy.

#AnonymousConfessions 826:
I actually haven't watched most of the TV shows and movies I talk about, I just read the plot summaries and opinion articles and form my own opinion based on those.

#AnonymousConfessions 827:
I love my husband, but sometimes I feel like he doesn't listen to what I have to say or values my opinions. All he wants anymore is sex.

#AnonymousConfessions 828:
Incoming rant (YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!)

So I'm trying to get off a little earlier from work on Saturday because I have an event with my family in the afternoon/evening and it's in the state below me (but not too far away, only like an hours drive, if that). Meanwhile, my mom is pressuring me to get it all worked out so I get off earlier so that's annoying.

I went in today to see if I could get off a little earlier (I don't work today), but turns out I can't because I have to give 3 weeks notice because its a computer system that schedules workers and my bosses can't/shouldn't override it. The only other option I have is switching with another worker who I can't ask until tomorrow because I don't have her information to ask her now. I know my mom's going to be annoyed and I really hope my co-worker can take over for me. It didn't even sound like I could just call off either- sounds like they need 3 weeks notice for that as well (but I'm honestly debating whether I should).

I'm kind of frustrated- at my work for having such a complicated system, at my mom for scheduling this event so late, and my manager for not giving me more of a break since this is the first time I've ever asked.

P.S. I had a voicemail (that came in the morning) that I didn't bother checking until I left my job and turns out it was my other manager asking me if I would come in today since they don't have much help tonight. Any other time I might have, but after what just happened I was like "Nope, not happening!" Maybe they should fix their scheduling system, doesn't sound like it's doing its job XD

#AnonymousConfessions 829:
(P.S. This is the same peep who had the brief work rant...it's not over yet).

I've been working at my current job since November and honestly, I like it, the pay is fine for a part-time job, but some of my managers/bosses and the machines can make it annoying for me. Surprisingly enough, the customers are the best part about the job (and some of my co-workers).

On of the biggest issues I have with my management is I don't feel like they prepped me enough about how everything works. I started working during a busy time (I'm a cashier btw) and so I had to learn quickly. I was only trained for 2 days and not even all the bases were covered, plus, we have finicky machines so yeah, not fun in the beginning. I'm fine now but there are still procedures and things I don't understand because no one ever told me and I'm a quiet person so I don't always ask for clarity.

There's this one manager of mine, she went on maternity leave only a few weeks after I started and I didn't realize how heavenly it was until she came back because sometimes she annoys the mess out of me. I'm really only comfortable with one of my bosses because she's so sweet and kind to everyone. (I have a new one I just meet because my first boss apparent just transferred and she seems nice so far).

I don't feel connected to many of my co-workers either since I'm not that outgoing, but I'm cool with the ones I usually work with.

There's so much more I could say, but I'm going to leave it at this. Sorry for the essay XD

#AnonymousConfessions 830:

***TRIGGER WARNING***

I feel this community has lumps of coal stuck up their ass. You can barely critique on anything, because if it sounds even remotely offensive towards anyone, God forbid you get bashed for it. Seriously, I'm only criticizing the grammar of an anonymous work for goodness sake! I wasn't even remotely insulting. First we can barely say anything explicit, so you censor us, you censor our voice. What kind of world do you think we live in. Because no one is a saint. Yes, I'm ranting. I sometimes feel I shouldn't be part of the community anymore, because if I don't feel I have the freedom to express myself then fuck this community! I have patience, tolerance, but what I can't stand is pure BS! Sorry if this sounds offensive to anyone, but I needed to get this out of my system somehow.