Chapter 8

Gibbs POV

I hung up on McGee. I couldn’t believe this was happening, not again.

For some reason, though I had only met Elizabeth today, I felt like I’d known her for years.

Somehow, and I don’t know how, she reminded me of Kelly, only older.

I sent a text to Ziva and DiNozzo telling them to get to McGee’s place. Now.

I practically ran outside, got in the Challenger and sped off.

AT MCGEE’S APARTMENT

Gibbs’s POV

I got to McGee’s apartment and ran in.

‘What the hell is going on McGee?’

‘I don’t know, Boss. We were in my room,’ he said pointing, ‘and all of a sudden, she screamed and there was a guy there, but he jumped out the window before we could get to him. When I turned around, she’d gone pale, and she was sweating and then she blacked out.’

‘Who is Lizzie?’ I asked.

‘Oh that’s what she wanted to be called, instead of Elizabeth.’

It reminded me again of Kelly, her full name was Kelleigh, but she wanted Kelly.

‘Did you call an ambulance, McGee?’

‘Yes Boss, on its way,’ he replied.

Ziva and Tony burst in the door, and looked shocked to see Elizabeth there.

‘McGee, what happened?’ Ziva asked in a soft voice, checking Lizzie over.

Before he could answer, the EMT’s came in to the room.

They got her on a stretcher, and McGee looked hesitant to follow.

‘Go, McGee. I’ll explain.’ I told him.

He gave me a thankful look, and ran after the ambulance crew.

Then Ziva and Tony gave me a questioning one, so I explained about the man, and Eliza- Lizzie’s reaction.

‘Oh and she wants to be called Lizzie, not Elizabeth.’ I told them.

‘So not Zabby either?’ Tony asked, disappointed.

‘No, Tony. Elizabeth is too much of a mouthful, and she does not like the name Zabby, for goodness sake!’ Ziva told him.

‘Hey! Cut it out. We have an agent in the hospital, let’s go,’ I ordered.

We left for the hospital, but not before locking all doors and windows.

AT THE HOSPITAL

Lizzie’s POV

I could hear voices all around me, and I tried to open my eyes, but I was so tired.

After I while, I felt a hand hold onto mine and squeeze.

‘Please wake up, Lizzie. Please.’ It was Tim. I had to do this, for him.

I squeezed back slightly and whispered.

‘Don’t tell them yet, Tim. Let me wake up properly,’ I told him.

Regardless, he jumped up and gave me a huge hug.

‘Hey, I thought that was Abby’s job,’ I joked.

‘Well, she’s here as well, be prepared for more,’ he smirked.

Oh god.

‘Good to see you awake, Agent Marsden,’ Gibbs walked in a little later.

‘Not so loud Gibbs, my head is pounding,’ I told him. Even though he was my boss, I didn’t feel like I should be the kind of employee to call him sir and never talk back.

‘This is like the worst hangover ever.’

‘Man up, marine,’ Gibbs smirked.

I threw him an evil look before Tony, Ziva, Abby, Ducky, Jimmy and Director Shepherd came in.

‘Lizzie!’ Abby squealed.

‘Oof,’ as Abby wrapped her arms around me.

After I untangled myself from Abby, and greeted everyone else, the doctor came in and ushered them out, but I told her Tim and Gibbs could stay.

‘Well, you seem to have a condition called ventricular tachycardia. It’s very mild in your case, so it is not potentially life threatening. What it is, is your heart rate is higher than usual, and when you are shocked or another emotion that makes ‘your heart skip a beat’, you will blackout, feel dizzy or palpitations. But before we start treatment, I’ll leave you to rest,’ she told me, and dragged Gibbs and Tim outside.

I lay back and fell asleep.

A/N: okay so, this is a bit shorter than the other chapters but with school, i'm finding it harder to get time to write :(
so please keep reading, and comment what you think :D