Chapter 13

Lizzie’s POV

How could he say that?! Toby was my father, the only guy that spoilt me rotten and called me princess.

We might not have been related by blood, but we were still related in my mind.

‘Lizzie, I have a theory, but I don’t want to explain it fully, until I know the results,’ Tim told me.

‘And how are you going to compare the DNA?’ Note the sarcasm.

He gave me a look.

‘Of course. Abby.’

I started planning how I could get Abby to talk. To say who they thought my dad was.

Is.

‘Don’t even try and talk to Abby. I’ve bribed everyone with money, and no-one is to give Abby any Caf-Pow ever again if she tells you.’

Now that’s unfair.

‘Fine, but can I at least leave the hospital? I’m not expecting to do any field work or anything. Just sit at my desk and do paperwork, sort out cold cases, I don’t care! I just need something to do!’ I pleaded.

And that shows that I’m desperate.

I never plead.

Tim was mucking about with his phone as he answered me.

‘It’s not my place to say, Lizzie. Its Gibbs choice, and the Director’s.’

‘Is that why you just texted Gibbs?’ Tim looked shocked. ‘No, wait. You texted Abby to tell Gibbs, because Gibbs probably smashed his phone in anger.’

He then looked shocked enough to pass out.

Around ten minutes later, Gibbs walked into the room.

‘What the hell were you thinking, Lizzie?’ he said, not loudly though.

‘I wanted to get out of here, Gibbs! I need to work! Even if I’m only doing the computer work on a case, to trace phone numbers and do background checks, I. Don’t. Care!’

‘Well, we’ve got the desk set up and ready for you, so I’m going to talk to the nurse, and get you out of here.’

I flashed Tim a smug look.

‘But not for at least a day.’ Gibbs said as he walked out the door.

Damn him.

ONE DAY LATER

Third person POV

Everyone was overjoyed that Lizzie was coming back to work.

In a way.

Abby had got her signature banner up saying ‘Welcome back’, and was prepared to give the biggest hug she could muster.

They were all silent, waiting for the lift to open.

And then it did.

As the slim figure limped into the bullpen…

‘SURPRISE!’

And she fell over her own feet and whacked her shins with the crutches.

She laughed weakly.

‘Great welcome back guys. Thanks,’ she said sarcastically.

‘Za- Lizzie!’ Tony squealed. Again.

As she greeted everyone, and then fell onto her chair, behind her desk opposite Gibbs.

Gibbs POV

Once everyone had got back to work in their own departments, my team and I sat at our desks to sift through the cases that had recently come in, and see which one we would take.

Since three out of five of us were looking, and yeah, I knew Lizzie wasn’t looking because one of the computer geeks from downstairs had put a program on my computer so that I could track my team’s actions.

Lizzie, was IMing her sister.

And, yeah, I’d only just figured what IMing was.

They got along so well, and they were so similar.

It may sound strange, but for a while, I only watched her.

The little things she did every so often, like rolling her eyes, and stretching her hands behind her neck.

I only knew one person who used to do that.

And she had the same eyes, and her fiery brown curls reminded me of them as well.

But that was impossible.

A/N: hey im so happy i managed to update again! please tell me what you think :)