Chapter 20

Abby’s POV

‘McGee, we need to tell her,’ I told him.

‘Yeah, I know. But you saw her when she found out about Gibbs, I can’t let her go through that again,’ he replied.

‘You really do like her, don’t ya?’ I asked, turning to face him.

‘Of course I do, we’ve known each other for years,’ he told me.

‘Yeah right, it’s obviously more than that,’ I replied.

Before he could reply, he got a call from Gibbs, telling him to get back into the office. Looking distressed as to whether he should go to Gibbs or stay and argue with me, he chose Gibbs.

He could probably inflict slightly more pain.

McGee POV

I couldn’t tell Lizzie about her mother, it would kill her. She would never trust her again, unless there was some unknown back story.

I don’t know, I’ll just have to wait until the right time.

Lizzie POV

How does Gibbs manage to spend so much time in the Directors office? Well, the fact we haven’t heard a gunshot is a pretty good sign I guess.

I don’t know what to think right now. I’m good at hiding my feelings and thoughts when I want to, so Gibbs has no idea what’s going on.

Ziva definitely thinks something’s up, but then of course she does. Trained Mossad assassin and all.

Tim was still in Abby’s lab, gone to chase up evidence.

DiNozzo was annoying Ziva, throwing paper balls at her, claiming that he’s trying to get it in her bin, but obviously (to me anyway) trying to get her attention.

He likes her, I know that. I think everyone but Ziva does. She also likes him, but she doesn’t want to, for whatever reason.

Gibbs started walking down the stairs and was on his phone, undoubtedly telling Tim to get back up to the squad room. He got out of the lift around the same time Gibbs entered the bullpen.

‘Marsden, McGee, David. Gear up. We’re going to Mexico,’ he stated.

Mexico?!?

Oh right. Detective Rivera.