Chapter 19

Lizzie POV

‘But you said Sean was dead,’ Gibbs said to me, as I sat in the back of the NCIS van.

‘He is! I saw him get shot!’ I said back for about the millionth time.

Then Tim walked up and put his arm around me.

‘Hey, calm down. Handheld AFIS says this guy is Kevin Ryan, must be Sean’s brother,’ he told me.

‘Lizzie, did you know Sean had a brother?’ Gibbs asked me.

‘Well, yeah but he never said they were twins! All I knew was that he lived in America and was in the Navy!’ I was getting worked up again.

‘Boss, can I take her back? We will do everyone’s paperwork, she just needs to, well, not be here,’ Tim asked Gibbs.

He nodded in assent and joined Ducky, Palmer, Ziva and Tony on the other side of the yellow tape.

‘Come on,’ Tim said, as he helped me off the back of the van and into the front.

BACK AT NCIS HEADQUARTERS

The ride back had been silent, but that was okay. When I got worked up, I could blurt out just about anything, and Tim understood that.

I went straight down to Abby’s lab when we got into the building.

‘Abby, I can’t do this. I need to tell Gibbs, get this off my chest,’ I told her.

‘I think you should but after the case, he’s less stressed when the killer’s been caught,’ she told me calmly.

‘Okay, thanks Abbs,’ I said, smiling at her gratefully.

‘So, what’s this I hear about you and McGee getting up to no good in the gym this morning?’ Abby winked at me.

‘Oh my god! Nothing! Did Tony tell you that?’ I asked her.

She nodded sheepishly.

I was going to kill him, slowly and painfully, with a blunt knife.

Maybe that’s going too far.

‘Anyways, I have a lot of evidence to process, and Gibbs should be back in about half an hour, so you better go back upstairs,’ Abby said.

I said goodbye and headed back up to the bullpen.

When I got there, Tim was sitting at his desk, sifting through papers and typing quickly.

I got right to work, researching Kevin Ryan, US Naval Petty Officer.

He seemed to have an unusual amount of phone calls heading overseas. When Tim traced them, they were to Mexico.

That’s when Gibbs got back. Tim filled him in on the background info, and then I stepped up from my desk.

‘Ryan made a large amount of phone calls to a number in Mexico, over the last year, namely a Detective Gutierrez, in Mexico City.’

‘I want him here now,’ Gibbs stated, heading towards the Director’s office upstairs.

‘Doesn’t ask for much, does he?’ I muttered, making everyone laugh.

A/N: woohoo!!!!!!!!!! two chapters in one!!!!!!! comment follow vote! :)