Chapter 30

Lizzie POV

I woke up with a shooting pain throughout my right side, and I could feel the stiches holding my skin together.

The rhythmic beeping filled my ears and the smell of disinfectant filled my nose – the hospital.

For god’s sake! Could I not do anything without ending up in the hospital?! Or are people just trying to kill me?

I groaned in pain as I tried to sit up, alerting a nurse outside.

‘Honey, you can’t move, you’ll break your stitches,’ she smiled at me softly, and helped me to lay back.

‘What happened?’ I asked, surprised at how much better my voice was, and it didn’t feel like razors down my throat anymore.

‘When the bullet hit you, your knife thingy stopped it from entering your body, but the impact broke some ribs and ruptured your spleen. You were in surgery for a long time, would you like me to get someone? I’m guessing that the half of a federal agency in the waiting room is for you?’ she laughed.

I nodded sarcastically. It was nice to get along with a doctor for once, considering the last one put me in a coma.

Before she could leave, I heard a loud squeal and a ‘Gibbs!’.

I could recognise my best friends voice anywhere, as seen as it had the ability to shatter glass.

McGee POV

Once Gibbs told them about Lizzie and who she was, Abby squealed, since she already knew.

‘Gibbs! I can’t believe you told them without Lizzie in here!’

‘Abbs, they need to know,’ he told her, once she finished the bone crushing hug.

‘Good on you for talking about it, Jethro,’ Ducky was his usual accepting self. ‘Are you completely sure that it’s right?’

‘Ducky, we used Abby, there is no chance that it’s wrong,’ I told him.

‘So I’m guessing that ‘like father like daughter’ has more irony than it used to,’ Tony joked, earning a head slap from Ziva.

‘Well, I am happy from you and Lizzie, Gibbs. May I ask though, I am guessing this means Shannon is her mother?’ Ziva said, very matter of factly. Nothing seemed to faze her.

‘Yes, Shannon is her mother and she is still alive,’ there was a collective gasp throughout the room. ‘Kelly, is also still alive. If Lizzie talked about her sister, Kadyn, and her mother, Sophia, they are the same people. After the accident, bodies were swapped, and both had amnesia, and were put in England under new identities.’