Chapter 47

Lizzie POV

EIGHT MONTHS LATER

Anna or Sam was crying.

‘Tim?’ I whacked him sleepily. ‘Tim? It’s your turn. Tim!’

He groaned and rolled out of bed, walking towards the nursery. Soon, the crying stopped, but Tim didn’t come back. Wondering what was going on, I stepped out of bed onto the cold floor and padded towards the kids’ room.

I pushed open the door just enough that I could squeeze through and it wouldn’t squeak, and I heard a soft voice talking to Anna, who he was holding in his arms.

‘Sitting on the dock of the bay… Watching the tide roll away… Watching the ships roll in… Then I’ll watch ‘em roll away again…’ Tim sang slowly to his daughter. He was singing the song we danced to at the wedding. I went to get my phone to video this, I didn’t want to forget it.

As I took it off charge, it started to ring.

‘Dad, I swear to God, if that’s you…’ I muttered. But it wasn’t. It was Tony.

‘Tony?’ I said, answering it. ‘What’s going on?’

‘It’s Ziva! We’re at the hospital! She’s having the baby!’ he babbled, panicked.

‘Hey! Calm down! It’s all gonna be fine! I’ll be there as soon as I can!’ I said, and hung up.

‘Tim!’ I said quietly, heading back to the nursery, and knocked softly.

‘Tim, Ziva’s having her baby, do you mind if I head over to the hospital?’ I asked.

‘Yeah, that’s fine,’ he smiled. ‘I’ll be there as soon as I can get a babysitter,’ Tim joked.

I hurriedly, and silently, got dressed in jeans and one of Tim’s plaid shirts, grabbed my phone and the Mustang keys. It didn’t take me long to get to the hospital, and once I got upstairs, Dad was waiting for me in the visitor’s room.

‘You’re here! She’s already had it, they’re in there,’ he said, pointing to one of the rooms down the corridor. I rushed in to see Ziva lying in bed with a little pink bundle in her arms, and Tony by her side.

‘Lizzie! Do you want to meet your god-daughter?’ Ziva smiled.

‘My god-daughter? I’m her godmother?’ I grinned back. ‘What’s her name?’

‘Well, you know Ziva had a sister?’ Tony asked, kissing the top of Ziva’s head. I nodded.

‘Meet Talia,’ he smiled.

She was gorgeous, with Tony’s fluffy brown hair and Ziva’s deep brown eyes. As I held her in my arms, she gripped my finger in her tiny hand and squeezed tight, before Tim and Gibbs stepped in, Abby in tow.

Ducky turned up about an hour later. Because Talia was born a little early, they wanted to keep her in for observation, but now they’ve said Ziva and Tony can take her home.

Whilst we were waiting in the visitor’s room for them to finish up with the birth certificate, my head slowly lolled to one side, resting on Tim’s shoulder as I dozed off.

‘Lizzie?’ he said softly. ‘Lizzie, we can go home if you need to sleep. I can look after Anna and Sam,’ he smiled as I lifted my head to look at him and nodded. Tim had got a cab here, so we only had one car to get home.

‘Okay, but this is the only time you are driving my car,’ I yawned as Dad laughed. I threw him the death glare and he put his hands up in defence.

‘I’m still expecting you in work tomorrow, kid. You need to fill in for those two,’ he grinned.

‘Whatever, Dad. Just let me sleep, I’ve been up since one,’ I waved him off.

Once we got home, I collapsed into bed while Tim paid the babysitter and put the twins to bed.

THREE YEARS LATER

‘Mummy! Mummy! Sam broke my Barbie!’ Anna came toddling into the living room from the nursery.

‘Sammy! Come here, now!’ I shouted, getting up from the sofa.

‘But I didn’t do anything!’ he protested.

‘Right, Anna, sit there,’ I pointed to the right hand side of the sofa. ‘And, Sammy, you sit there,’ I pointed to the left hand side of the sofa.

‘Okay, Anna, when we can afford it, you will have your own bedroom, so Sam won’t bother you. And Sammy, what have I told you about breaking other people’s things?! You don’t take things without asking, and you make sure you don’t break them!’ I told them.

‘Sorry, Mummy,’ it was freaky how they managed to say things in unison.

‘Just don’t do it again, okay? Now I’ve put out some clothes on your beds, and then we can go to Auntie Ziva and Uncle Tony’s to play with Talia, yeah?’ that cheered them up. They loved playing with Talia, and I loved seeing Tony and Ziva. We didn’t get to spend a lot of time together any more, but as the kids grew up, there was more time to spare.

In the last three years, we’d wrapped up hundreds of cases, I’d met Sarah again (Tim’s sister) after almost fifteen years, and Dad have even gone out with Director Shepherd a couple of times, although she now wants me to call her Jenny instead.

Everything was coming together, and I was finally building up my own life. Of course, I wished Mum and Kadyn, or Kelly, were still here, but I was so happy to still have my family. Even Ducky had a new girlfriend.

NCIS was my life, and family.

THE END!!!

I'm sorry i didn't really warn you, but this is where the story ends! I'm gonna take requests for character interviews, which is basically where you send me a question for a specific character, and i'll answer it from their point of view :)

thank you so much to my amazing readers, and i want people to send me ideas about another NCIS story if you want it :)