Chapter 10

Lizzie POV

I had now been in this damn bed without being able to move, talk, swallow, eat, drink, and even wash myself!
I was a very independent person and it was hard to have to depend on other people to do literally everything for me.

Gibbs and Tim were by my side the whole time, sometimes only one of them when they went to get clothes and stuff, or give the others updates.

Not that there was anything do update them on!

Tony comes in sometimes to joke around, or tell me about new movies at the cinema.

Ziva to read to me, a Hebrew book I’d brought with me that Tim had evidently given her, as seen as none of the rest of them could read Hebrew.

Ducky spoke to me in the comforting cadences of home, and Jimmy just babbled about different cases.

Abby was more bubbly than I’d seen when I’d met her first, but even I could see it was only a front.

The Director came in sometimes, but never came into my room, only spoke to the doctors outside, Gibbs and Tim told me about it.

Apparently my heart was back to normal, but I’d got so weak from being in a coma, they had to strengthen me up first to get me out of it.

To get me out of the coma, the doctors would have to stop giving me the drug that was inducing it, called pentobarbital.

Even then, it would take 6 hours for the drug to wear off if they stopped giving it to me completely.

But they can’t stop giving it to me, so they just have to give me lower doses.

Just get me out of this damn coma!

Gibbs POV

I need Lizzie to wake up.

It isn’t because I need her at work, hell, she hasn’t even worked her first case yet.

But she reminds me so much of Kelly, and I already lost her once.

And I damn near went crazy.

As I was thinking this, the heart monitor sped up slightly, but not much.

And the grip on my hand tightened.

Then McGee gasped, and leaned nearer to her.

McGee’s POV