Chapter 46

McGee POV

I woke up suddenly to Lizzie pushing my shoulder and whisper-shouting in my ear.

‘Tim!? Tim, wake up! Tim, I think my water’s broke!’ she was panicking. That made me sit bolt upright.

‘Say again?’ I said as my eyes widened.

‘My. Water’s. Broke,’ she said, breathing fast.

‘Oh my god,’ I breathed, jumping out of bed. I packed a bag as quickly as I could whilst Lizzie called everyone else’s hotel rooms to see if anyone could drive us, as seen as us two flew out here. No one could, but wanted to come. Until she called Tony.

‘Tony?... It’s Lizzie… Yeah, we’re fine, it’s just that my water’s just broke… Calm down, DiNozzo! I’m the one going into freakin’ labour!... Can you drive us to the nearest hospital?... Yeah it’s about fifteen minutes away… Sure, Tim can direct you… Get your ass up here DiNozzo!’ she yelled as she hung up. I noticed her panicked face again.

‘Lizzie? Hey, Lizzie? Calm down, you’re gonna do fine! You’re gonna be an amazing mum! You know that?’ I tried to reassure her, and a look of pure pain showed through her features as she groaned.

‘Are you okay? What’s wrong?’ I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t slightly panicking too.

‘Contraction,’ she whispered as Tony banged his fist on the door.

‘McGee? We need to get her downstairs! Gibbs is driving!’ he yelled.

‘Oh hell no! As much as I love my dad, he is not driving me to the hospital whilst I’m in labour!’ Lizzie said through gritted teeth.

‘Whatever! We just need to get you to the hospital!’ Tony told her.

It took me and Tony to get her downstairs and into the hire car Tony had to help set up for yesterday. Once she was sat in the back, leaning against me as Tony and Gibbs sat up front. In the fifteen minutes it should have taken us to get to the hospital in the first place, we were already halfway up to the maternity ward.

‘Can I help you?’ the nurse at the desk said.

‘What the hell do you think?’ Lizzie hissed at her, in obvious pain as another contraction occurred.

‘May I ask who these are in relation to you?’ the nurse asked, completely unfazed. I guess she had to deal with this on a daily basis.

‘Dad, husband, annoying guy friend from work,’ Lizzie said, gesturing to each of us.

Tony looked pretty offended, but didn’t seem to mind when the nurse told him he wasn’t allowed into the delivery room.

‘This is your kid, McGee. I’ll let you handle it in there,’ he squeezed my shoulder as they took Lizzie through to the delivery room.

FIVE HOURS LATER

‘TIM!’ Lizzie groaned as one of the midwives patted her arm.

‘Come on, honey, you’re nearly there, one last push,’ she smiled, as Lizzie turned to her.

Seriously, if looks could kill.

Lizzie groaned and a moment later, a small cry filled the air.

‘Sir?’ the doctor said to me.

‘Yeah? Is something wrong?’ I babbled out.

‘No, nothing’s wrong,’ he smiled. ‘I just thought you might want to meet your daughter. You know, before your son arrives.’

As if on cue, Lizzie started to shout again. You know, telling me she’d kill me for doing this to her. A couple of times, I didn’t doubt her at all.

Five minutes later, I was holding our daughter and Lizzie, our son.

‘Do you want me to bring in the rest of them outside?’ the midwife smiled at us quietly.

‘Give us one minute, yeah?’ I asked her, as I looked down at my little girl, who’d just started to open her eyes.

Lizzie POV

They were gorgeous. They really were, my two beautiful children.

My little boy, with his shock of deep brown hair, and deep chocolate eyes. And my little girl, with soft tufts of toffee brown hair and startling blue eyes. Each was a mix of me and Tim in their own way. 

‘So,’ Tim said as he sat down on the bed beside me. ‘Names?’

‘You first,’ I smiled at him.

‘Okay, for a boy… Sam. And a girl… Anna?’ he asked.

‘I love them. Sam and Anna, our little non-identical twins,’ I said as Tim laughed.

And the whole motley crew burst in the door.

‘Abby! I swear to God if you scream I’m going to gag you here and now!’ I whisper-shouted.

‘Bu- Bu- ‘ Tony’s eyes flickered from one baby to the other. ‘There’s two!’

‘Surprise!’ I told them. We never let on I was having twins, and their faces were priceless as Dad came and sat on my other side.

‘You okay?’ he asked, brushing a strand of hair from my eyes.

‘Yeah, I’m okay,’ I smiled up at him.

‘Everyone, meet Sam,’ Tim said as he held Sam up slightly.

‘And Anna,’ I finished, smiling at my little girl.

‘Can I hold her?’ Ziva asked, sidling up to me.

‘Sure, Ziva, just watch her head,’ I said as I passed Anna over.

‘Actually, I have a bit of an announcement,’ Ziva smiled shyly as we all turned to her.

‘I am also going to have a baby.’

A/N: so it is quite a bit shorter, but i thought it was a good cliffhanger to end on :) my username has now changed to hidden--skies, so i can update again :D xx