Chapter 11

Lizzie’s POV

My eyelids fluttered, which was more than I’d been able to do in the last four hours.

FOUR HOURS!

Four hours I’ve been in semi-consciousness, and then finally, I could see again.  See the team, see light!

That sounds bad though, I’m not ‘going towards the light’.

As my eyes opened, the first thing I saw were two (completely opposite) faces staring at me with wide eyes.

Tim looked terrible. Dark bags under his eyes, which were red and tired.

Gibbs looked like he hadn’t shaved in a couple of weeks, which is probably the case.

The case! I haven’t even worked a case yet, for god’s sake!

Tony, Ziva, Abby, Ducky and Jimmy stood at the end of the bed, all looking worse for wear.

But excited. They all looked excited.

There were doctors at the end of my bed, writing in the green folder.

‘Ah, Elizabeth, is it?’

‘Lizzie,’ I croaked, barely audible, but Gibbs picked up on it.

‘Lizzie. Her name’s Lizzie.’

‘Okay, Lizzie. We have taken you out of the coma, but you may have trouble walking and talking for a while. But it was a smooth wake up, and you should be back in no time,’ he said with a smile.

No kidding!

‘I don’t have any trouble talking,’ I tried to say. ‘Just a sore throat.’ But it came out as a gruff croak.

‘Nice try, Lizzie. You just woke up from a coma. You have to stay in the hospital for at least a bit,’ Tim reassured me.

Damn.

‘Sooo, Zabby, can you feel your legs?’ Tony asked.

It was that name again!

Gibbs moved over to give him a headslap, but I stopped him.

‘No, I want to talk to him for a bit. Without a concussion,’ I told him.

They all stared at me expectantly.

Alone…’ I said.

They all left the room apart from Tony, who moved towards my bed.

‘What’s up, Lizzie,’ he asked.

‘The reason, I don’t want that nickname, is something that happened whilst I was in Iraq. There was a marine in my regiment, a sniper. His name was Sean Ryan. We got along so well, and we were basically best friends. He was only two years older than me, and everyone thought we were gonna “get together”, but we weren’t like that. At least, I didn’t think we were. One day, when we were in the mess hall, Sean asked me out, but I said no. I didn’t want to ruin what we had, if the relationship didn’t go well. A couple of days later we were on patrol, because the area had been unusually quiet. Once we got to a completely abandoned part of the town near the base. There were four of us. Me, Sean, and two other marines called Marie and Tessa. Sean signalled for me to go one way with him, and Marie and Tessa to go the other way. We’d done this before to canvas an area, so it was nothing different. Then Sean and I got to an alley, it was dark and narrow, so no one would be able to hear us. He got me up against the wall and, well, you can guess what happened after that…’ I explained.

‘And, he called you Zabby?’ Tony asked.

I nodded.

‘Oh my god, I’m so sorry, I didn’t realise, you should have said something,’ he babbled.

‘Hey, Tony, no worries. You weren’t to know. Can you get Tim and Gibbs in here?’

‘Sure,’ he smiled.

When they got into the room, I explained everything, and they both looked like they wanted to kill him.

‘Where is he?’ Gibbs growled.

‘Six feet under, Boss. He was killed a week later in combat,’ I told him.

Both of them seemed to calm down a bit.

After everyone else came back in, they told me that they’d only had two cases while I’d been in hospital, both open and shut.

Gibbs phone started to ring, so he went outside to answer it.

‘Gear up, we’ve got a case,’ he told everyone. ‘Ducky, Palmer, get back to autopsy, we got three bodies. Abby, get back to your lab, it’s in a forest, with multiple gunshots and stab wounds.’

‘I-‘ Gibbs interrupted me.

‘No. You’re not coming until you’re better. At least two weeks.’

Two weeks?! TWO?!?!

Fine. I wasn’t planning to stay that long anyway.

A/N: heyyy so i know i havent updated in a while, and i know its short, but my art teacher thinks ive done all my coursework wrong, so shes making me redo it *cough cough*bitch*cough cough*

anywho, please vote comment and follow! :) xx