2. Suicide is the easy way out

The last few students walked along the corridors to their living quarters. Many pairings had already been dropped off at their home for the next 3 weeks. Hermione was still sulking, she had tried putting a positive light on being paired with Malfoy and had even asked her friends to help her with optimistic thoughts.

When Hermione stood there waiting for helpful thoughts from Ron and Harry but she was asking for way too much.

Harry came up with 'Well, we could kill him, then you wouldn't have to put up with him'

And Ron simply kept muttering 'Bloody Hell'

Her girl friends on the other hand had a different point of view.

'I mean's he's quite hot if you look at him from a distance and squint' Lavender had said with a wink.

Parvati had similar thoughts. 'I mean, your sleeping in the same room as him Hermione, you'll see him in his boxers nudge nudge wink wink'

Now these thoughts should've been appealing to Hermione but she had no interest what so ever in seeing him in boxers..or even seeing him at all that entire year.

'Mr Malfoy and Miss Granger' Snape said at the front. They both trudged up to him, neither looking too overthrilled. 'Here are your living quarters'

They both walked into the room and looked around. Neither said anything to the other but they were both equally pleased. The room was extremely cosy with many big armchairs and sofas dotted around a fire. There were two doors on the opposite side of the room, Draco went to one and Hermione went to the other.

He walked into the bathroom and noticed a bath the size of a swimming pool and several tables for the 'baby'. That's when it came to him. Where was this baby they were meant to raise?

He suddenly heard a small squeal from the other room and walked casually to the doorframe of the other room and leant on it.

Hermione was standing there with a tiny baby in her arms smiling and bobbing her up and down. Malfoy rolled his eyes and continued to watch from the doorframe looking quite bored. He noticed there were two double beds, one with black covers, the other with blue, and a cot, which was decorated with pink. A girl.

Hermione smiled at the baby girl as she continued bobbing her up and down in her arms. The baby had the biggest brown eyes with some soft blond curls on her head. Malfoy moved his way further into the room but still kept his distance.

Hermione shot him a look. 'She won't bite you know'

He walked as casually as possible nearer to Hermione with his hands in his pockets. He pulled one hand out and softly prodded the baby in the stomach.

Hermione turned shocked towards Draco. 'Did you just poke her?'

'I wanted to see if she does anything' He said looking quite at a loss as to what to do.

'She's a baby you nitwit, she's not going to start playing tennis or speaking french' Hermione said rolling her eyes.

'Pffft' Malfoy said not really paying much attention.

'What do you want to call her?' Hermione asked raising an eyebrow.

'Well seeing as I am her father, I think...Malfoy Jr' he said smugly.

'She's a girl'

'So?'

'So, you can't call a girl Malfoy Jr'

'I'm allowed to call her what I want'

'We're both her parents'

'Please don't remind me, I'm trying to pretend this is a horrible dream and non of this is happening'