22. Not able to say goodbye

'Your father?' Hermione said as she jogged to keep up with Malfoy's fast pace. They entered the school and made a beeline for Dumbledore's office, stopping at nothing in their way.

'Yes, my father' He snapped, as he turned the corner with Hermione calmly walking behind him.

'I think you need to calm down a bit here' Hermione said as she gently placed her hand on his shoulder. He shrugged it off harshly and fixed her with a stare.

'Calm down? My father has taken our daughter to do god knows what to her. I don't know how you're remaining so emotionless and calm. Maybe for once, you would get your head out of your ass and realise what's going on.'

'Remaining calm is the only thing keeping me from breaking down' Hermione whispered darkly as they appeared in front of the statue that guarded the way to the headmaster's office. 'This is all your stupid fault anyway' She muttered. Malfoy's head snapped round to face her.

'My fault?'

'You were the one that gave her away to a look a like'

'How was I supposed to tell the difference?' He said, giving her a glare before turning around and kicking the statue that was in their way.

'Oh that'll work' Hermione said with her arms crossed defiantly. He flung his body around to face her angrily.

'Then what!' She gave him a look, 'stop staring at me stupidly and help.'

'Oh, so you're giving me orders now?'

'Stop being so self centered' He bit back.

'I'm self-centered? If it weren't for your stupid display in front of the school, this wouldn't have happened' She snapped.

'Go on, blame me if it helps but-'

'Ahem' both heads snapped to the side to see Dumbledore next to the statue that had jumped to the side.

'Follow me to my office. I think you both need to calm down' He said flicking between Malfoy and Hermione who both looked ready to pummel the other.

They both walked into his office to find Snape bent over some bits of parchment that were lying on the headmasters desk. Hermione barely acknowledged him as she sat down but Malfoy walked up to his head of house and raised his wand angrily.

'You! You told my father! He's taken Ella to try and teach me a lesson you idiot' Malfoy said, growing redder and pointing his wand at Snape, who was remaining disinterested.

'I suggest you sit down, put your wand away and stop talking right now, Mr Malfoy before I feel the need to suspend you for raising your voice and insulting a teacher' Dumbledore said in a dangerous voice as he sat down with Snape standing next to him. 'Now, please do explain to me what is going on. I want to hear everything'

And so both Malfoy and Hermione launched into what had happened the past few weeks, both leaving out certain intimate details but leaving in the necessary bits. Dumbledore remained emotionless through the tale until the end where he let out a very shaky breath.

'I'm not sure at what point to begin. Severus, could you give us a moment?' He said, giving his colleague a disapproving look. It didn't go unnoticed by Snape as he walked slowly from the room, giving both Hermione and Malfoy a dirty look.

'This tale of events is leading me to some not so pleasant conclusions. Did your father say what he intended to do with Ella once he had her?' He said looking at Malfoy over his glassed.

'No' Draco admitted simply.

'This puts me in a highly difficult place' Dumbledore murmured as he fingers rubbed gently at his temples. 'You both want your child back?'