10. Slow progress

Later that day, after Hermione had told most of the school that Ella was ok, Malfoy sauntered lazily into the hall for Lunch but stopped in his tracks when he felt a glare coming from the head table. He turned and saw Snape looking directly at him.

Without enough time to think, Snape had made his way over to him and was practically dragging him out of the hall.

'What is it sir?' Malfoy said putting on his best teacher's pet voice.

'Mr Malfoy' He sneered. 'Do you know what I heard in the staff room just before lunch?'

Malfoy was about to retort with a funny remark when he saw the thunder in Snape's eyes and thought against it. 'Err, no sir I don't'

'You kissing Miss Granger' He snapped. 'It's quite the gossip in the staff room. All the staff are oh-so-happy that you have fallen for a Gryffindor but I on the other hand am very ashamed at you'

'I haven't fallen for her' He yelled as if he had just been accused of murder.

'Do not raise your voice to me'

'Sorry sir...How do the professors know?' He said cautiously.

'Professor McGonagall saw you two in the hospital wing'

'Oh'

'Yes Mr Malfoy... oh'

'I don't like her' He tried again.

'I think you've made it very obvious you do, why if Lucius knew you were going around kissing muggle borns...'

'Don't tell him!' Malfoy suddenly blurted out with fear in his icy eyes.

'I will not be telling your father this time but make sure that I do not here more rumours of this kind. Understand me?'

'Yes of course sir but I don't have feelings for the mudblood.' He said putting as much viciousness into his voice as possible to convince his professor.

Snape let out a smirk and looked Malfoy up and down. 'I believe you do' and with that, Snape turned and walked back towards the hall with his robe billowing behind him.

Malfoy shook his head. He had feelings for her? Not likely... He thought with a smirk as he too headed back towards the hall. When he entered, the first person he scanned for was Hermione, who was laughing at something Harry was saying with Ella in her arms.

He walked over to her and got some looks from Ron and Harry as he leaned in to speak to Hermione.

'Can I have a word?' He whispered into her ear. Hermione gave him a confused look and then smiled.

'Yeah, I'll see you guys later. Do not forget to do your homework for transfiguration.' She said as she followed Malfoy out of the hall with Snape glaring at the both of them.

When they got out of the hall, Hermione turned towards him with a smile and rose her eyebrows.

'Umm, all the staff know we kissed' Malfoy blurted out as he gave Ella a wink.

'Excuse me?' Hermione said her smile fading from her features.

'Don't make me repeat it'

'But..how?'

'McGonagall saw us in the hospital wing'

'B-b-but ...NO! Just no way can this of happened. There must be a way around them knowing. We could go back in time and not kiss and then no one would see' She said becoming almost hysterical.

'Why does it matter?' He said with a smirk.

'Because I am Hermione Granger!' Hermione said waving her free arm about emphasizing her point.