6. Shopping to death

It was Wednesday and all the sixth years were gathered outside in the courtyard ready to head off to Hogsmeade. McGonagall was having trouble speaking over the crying babies as their parents desperately tried to calm them down.

'Now, is everyone here?' She yelled.

Harry put his hand up. 'Err Hermione and Malfoy aren't here yet'

Ron, who was holding Alex, looked rather worried. 'Hermione's never late! What if he's killed her? Or something's happened to her?'

'Does anyone know where they are?' She was answered by a lot of people shaking their heads in the negative.

Meanwhile...

'That was my best top' Hermione yelled in the living room.

'Not my fault you left it next to the Bath'

'Well, you could have moved it away from the edge instead of chucking it in coz it was in your way!' Hermione fumed. 'I was going to wear that today'

'Well now your going to have to wear something else aren't you?'

'I can't believe I'm running late, I never run late, I am an expert at time keeping' She muttered as she got Ella ready.

'I'm ready' Malfoy announced coming out from the bedroom in a long black jacket, jeans and a shirt.

'So am I' Hermione said holding Ella as they started walking to the courtyard.

A few minutes later they were walking down the steps to see everyone looking at them impatiently.

'Ah and how's the Malfoy's today?' Snape droned as they walked past him. Hermione shot him a look that suggested he should shut up or she would hex him.

'Sorry we're late, Malfoy didn't leave enough time in his schedule for him to perfect himself in front of the mirror.' Hermione said to McGonagall. Malfoy gave her a mock hurt look and rolled his eyes.

'Ok well now we're all here, lets go' McGonagall shouted from the front.

'There's a lot of crying babies here aren't there? Don't they know how to make them stop?' Hermione said as Malfoy, Ron, Harry, Claire and Lavender held back a little.

'Yeah, You should have heard Josh at 3am this morning' Harry said giving a tired sigh. 'Your lucky Ella doesn't cry a lot'

'Yeah, she did but she's sort of well...stopped, thank goodness' Hermione smiled, she noticed Claire on the other side of Harry looking Malfoy up and down and smiling.

'Oh Claire, meet Malfoy' Hermione said with a rather bored tone to her voice. Malfoy turned and looked her up and down and gave her his best charming smile and wink. Hermione rolled her eyes.

'Nice to meet you Claire' He said with a lopsided smile.

'And you, I've heard a lot about you' She said moving to stand next to him.

'Really? Good things I hope, but I suppose if you hang around with Potter, you think I'm a little ferret with one single brain cell and no personality at all?' He said, again shooting her his best smile.

She laughed and shook her head. 'Actually, I've heard the same kinda things about you all over the school'

'Go on' Malfoy said intrigued. Hermione, Ron, Harry and Lavender were all now standing behind them listening intently.

'Well, all the guys say you're a complete git' Claire said matter-of-factly. Malfoy faked a hurt look.

'But all the girls..' she said smiling, he smirked. 'Say you're an incredibly charming and good looking git'