5. Empty insults

It was Monday morning and Hermione was waiting to get in the bathroom, which was currently occupied by Malfoy. She had decided to try and forget he had ever kissed and put it down to temporary insanity on his part.

'Are you nearly done?' She yelled through the door with her hands on her hips.

'I'm still doing my hair'

'How long does it take you to do your hair? You're so vain!'

'Thank you!' He yelled back with a smirk as he combed his hair for the thousandth time.

'Hurry up!'

'I'm still wet, I'll come out when I'm dry'

Hermione stood there for 5 more minutes before having another yell.

'Come on Malfoy, I have to wash'

'I will take my time thank you very much' He shouted.

She got out her wand, muttered a spell under her breath and the door unlocked, she smiled and slowly pushed the door open.

'ARRRGGGHHH!' Hermione yelled stumbling over a towel and covering her eyes with her hands. 'Put some clothes on!'

'Well,' He said wrapping a towel around his waist. 'If you hadn't walked in, you wouldn't have seen me in all my glory would you?'

'You were taking too long' she said with her hands still over her eyes. 'I'm scarred for life'

'I'm decent' he said finishing his hair.

'You're never decent' she said slowly lowering her hands cautiously. Her face was still red from seeing something she had not wanted to see in all her days at Hogwarts.

As he strolled past her he couldn't help but wonder if she could get any redder. 'Liked what you saw Granger?' He whispered huskily into her ear.

'Go Malfoy, I need to get ready'

'That's strange' Malfoy muttered when he got into their bedroom. 'Normally girls are all over me when I use that voice'

He walked over to the crib and picked up Ella who was just waking up. 'And how is my favourite girl this morning?' She gave out a gurgle.

'Do you think that your mum is still annoyed at me? ... Yeah I do too, ah well. It's only Granger, normally I wouldn't care if she fell of a cliff.'

'Mama' Ella suddenly blurted out.

Malfoy gave her a proper smile and started walking towards the bathroom. 'Say mama again ... mama?' He said trying to get her to say it again.

He wiggled the knob to the bathroom, it was open. 'Granger?' He yelled inside.

No response, he peered around the door and walked in slowly.

'ARRGGHHH!' he yelled covering Ella's eyes with his hand as he saw Hermione get out of the bath naked.

'Malfoy!' She screamed reaching for a towel. 'You couldn't knock?'

'I yelled your name but you didn't answer'

'What do you want?' She snapped taking a shirt Malfoy had left in there and putting it on.

'Hey your going to get that shirt wet and give it mudblood germs' he said looking annoyed.

'Get over it, now what do you want?'

'Ella just said mama' He stated while looking anywhere but at Hermione.

'She did?' Hermione said softly, her glare leaving her face.

'Say mama Ella' Draco tried. 'Mama? Mama? ... Hmm guess she doesn't want to say it now'