3.soundproof rooms sound appealing

The next 2 days went by in the same way. Hermione would take care of Ella unless she had classes, which instead she would leave Ella with someone else in the Gryffindor common room. Normally prefects or friends.

Malfoy's role was no existent. He would pretend that Ella and Hermione weren't even there. He would only come to their living area to sleep and wash and if he ever saw them, he wouldn't even acknowledge their presence. But on one night, Hermione was sure to make him take notice.

Hermione was pacing about their room trying to get Ella to sleep. She glanced to the alarm clock on the table and the red numbers told her it was 2.34am. She inwardly groaned and looked over to the dark figure under the bed sheets on the next bed.

Malfoy, like the last few nights, had put a silencing charm on his bed sheets so if Ella deciding to scream at the top of her lungs in the middle of the night, he was ignorant of it.

Hermione kept rocking the screaming baby in her arms trying to get her to calm down but to no avail. It was late, she was exhausted and pissed off so she walked over to the edge of Malfoy's bed, sat on the edge and punched him in the shoulder.

He groaned and his sleepy eyes slowly opened and tried registering what was around him. 'What dya want Granger?' He said, too tired to put a vicious tone into his voice.

'To stop her from crying' She snapped. 'You've got away with it for 2 nights but this is it, I'm too tired. I can't think straight anymore, she won't stop' She said close to tears with tiredness.

Malfoy looked at her strangely for a second, he wasn't used to dealing with emotional girls or screaming babies so he sat up and put his hands in front of him.

Hermione passed Ella to him silently and laid her head in her hands. 'I'm going to the bathroom' She mumbled but Malfoy couldn't hear as the baby was still crying. She padded to the bathroom lazily but when she came back she was greeted with a silent room. No screaming or crying.

She looked towards Malfoy's bed and saw him, clad in boxers, sitting cross- legged with Ella asleep in his arms.

'How?' She managed to mouth at him.

He shot her his famous smirk and looked rather proud of himself. 'She just stopped' He whispered into the darkness.

Hermione nodded silently, crawled into bed and as soon as her head hit the pillow, she fell asleep.

Her eyes fluttered open as beams of light flowed across the carpet of their room hitting her bed sheets. She groggily sat up and looked over at the crib sitting opposite her bed. She got up and wandered over to it while rubbing her eyes but stopped when she saw no Ella.

She spun round quickly and looked over at Malfoy's bed and was a little shocked by what she saw. Malfoy was lying there with his bed sheet covering his waist down with Ella sprawled on his chest sleeping. His hand was lightly pressed against the child's back.

She walked over and studied them more closely. His hair was the very definition of 'bed hair', it was everywhere but with a few strands lying messily on his forehead. He was steadily breathing up and down with Ella moving with his chest, her head was pressed just underneath his chin.

Hermione couldn't quite get over the way Malfoy looked when he was sleeping. There was no smirk, there was a lack of disgust on his features and he didn't look at all vicious.

She very slowly sat on the edge of his bed, being very careful to wake neither sleeping body but she didn't realise Malfoy was a very light sleeper.

'What is it now?' He muttered as his eyes came into focus on Hermione.

'Don't move or you'll wake her' She said softly with a smile gracing her lips.