15. Saying goodbye

Malfoy awoke the next morning fairly early due to the pain in his lower back. He squirmed slightly and shifted himself off the sofa and let out a groan as his back gave a sharp jab. He stretched slightly before stumbling into the bedroom and collapsing on the closest bed, which happened to be Hermione's.

'Malfoy?' Hermione mumbled as her eyes slowly opened and searched for the figure on her bed.
'Morning' He yawned as he made his way up the bed to lie down next to her.

Hermione was still half asleep and didn't really have the energy to protest when Malfoy curled up around her though she did raise her eyebrow.

They only stayed asleep for a mere 30 minutes before they heard Ella start to cry rather loudly. Malfoy heard Hermione groan next to him and a smile appeared on his lips. 'You can go deal with Ella, I'm getting some more sleep'

'It's our last day with her you know' She said sadly as she got up and walked over to the crib where Ella was crying dramatically.

'Where do you want to go today?' She said perching on the edge of her bed and rocking Ella in her arms.

'Go?' Malfoy said getting up slightly to rest on his elbows.

Hermione gave him the letter and he looked it over.

'I can't do anything today, I'm training for quidditch'

Hermione blinked and then blinked again. 'Pardon?' She said quietly.

'I'm using today to train' He said rubbing his eyes lightly.

'It's our last day with Ella' Hermione said trying her best to remain calm.

'Yeah but I'm training. God, you take ages to let something click into your mind' He said taking his shirt off and throwing it across the room.

'You're...training?' She said calmly.

'Yes, for the billionth time' He said rolling his eyes and lying back down on her bed and stretching.

Hermione blinked back tears but let one fall as she quickly walked out of the room with Ella in her arms.

Malfoy's gaze became incredibly confused as he got out of bed and followed her.

'What's the matter Granger?' He yelled at her when she reached the door to their room.

She turned round and her face was red with anger and hurt and her eyes were flaming, she walked quickly over to him and came only an inch away from his face.

'Oh I don't know, perhaps because our last day with Ella is going to be spent apart with you on the quidditch pitch'

'It's a magical baby' he said looking at the floor. Hermione's eyes narrowed as she looked at him closely. Her eyes softened and she placed a hand on his arm.

'It's ok to be upset you know?'

'I'm not bloody upset' he yelled throwing her hand off him.

'If you think this is your way of shielding your feelings, your wrong' She snapped at him. 'That's why you trying to avoid spending the day with her, because you don't want to admit to yourself that you've gotten close and you have to say goodbye to her tonight'

'Shut up' He snapped back and sat down on the sofa and put his head in his hands.

'Look, I know it's hard but you're really going to regret it if you don't spend the day with us'

'Fine' He mumbled quietly to himself. 'I'm going to take a shower' and he was out of the living room as fast as possible. Hermione shook her head and went into the bedroom to get ready.