20. Acute Dangers

'Daaaaaaaadddy!' Malfoy's eyes shot open in fear and he untangled himself from Hermione's grasp as he got out of bed and ran to the other room with a sleepy Hermione stumbling after him.

Ella was thrashing wildly in her bed as she kicked her sheets everywhere and started crying helplessly in her sleep.

Malfoy's eyes widened and he moved the sheets quickly away from her squirming body, and held her in his arms as she woke up and started crying into his chest.

'Come on, shhh' He said quietly as he stroked her back gently. 'Just a dream'

'Ella, do you want to tell us what it was about?' Hermione asked gently as Ella pulled her head up from her father's chest and fixed her eyes on Hermione.

'A man' She whispered.

'What was he doing? What did he look like?'

'He was in a black cloak' Sniff 'a-and had eyes like a snake' Both Hermione and Malfoy's eyes widened over their daughters head. Malfoy's grip on her tightened as he walked out of her room and into his own silently.
'You can sleep the rest of the night in our room' He said, putting her down into the middle of their bed gently and tucking her under the covers. Hermione crawled in on the other side and looked nervously at Malfoy who was already faking sleep.

Hermione woke up to find her daughter sleeping peacefully as she snuggled down deeper in the covers. She picked up her head and saw the empty space on the other side. She got up slowly and padded her way into the main room when she heard the shower switch off. The door opened and Malfoy appeared in a towel as he strolled out to see Hermione standing idly in the middle of the room.
'Morning'

'Morning' She said as he came over to her and pressed his lips to hers slowly. Her hand found it's way to his neck as she started to kiss him deeply before pulling back and smiling at him.

'So, what are we going to do about Ella?' She said playing with the hair at the back of his neck.

'What about her? It was just a nightmare'

'Yeah but-'

'But nothing' He said as he kissed her briefly again before heading into their bedroom where Ella was still sleeping quietly.

'Malfoy..' She started but was interrupted by a knock on the door. 'Bit early' She muttered.

She opened the door to see a grinning Blaise. 'Good morning, Hermione'

'Morning?' She said rubbing her eyes as she took in the charming Slytherin standing in front of her.

'Can I come in?' He said, sliding a smile into place.

'Yeah, of course' She said moving out the way. She suddenly felt his hand brush her thigh and turned to scowl at him viciously 'Blaise, what are you doing here?'

'Not a morning person I see. Just thought I'd see how you were' He said, stepping closer to her.

'At 7.30am?' She said, taking a step back.

'Well, you never know when you might need me'

'Blaise,' She took a breath 'this is sorta hard.'

'What's wrong?' He said leaning against the back of the couch.

'You're a nice guy and everything Blaise, but nothings going to happen between us.'

'Why do you think I want something to happen?' Blaise said with his brow furrowed.

'You don't?' Hermione said almost hopefully.

'No, you're right. I do want to be with you.'

'Sorry, I'm kinda with Draco'