9. Forbidden Emotions

Malfoy went rigid as he felt Hermione's hands circle his neck and lean on his chest. He blinked stupidly and smiled as he wrapped his arms around her and rested his chin on her head.

His head was in complete turmoil. Next to him on the bed was his daughter that wasn't waking up and holding onto him was Hermione.

Half of him wanted to push her off and pretend Ella didn't exist but the other half of him was worrying about Ella more than was healthy and he felt a strong need to comfort Hermione.

'She looks so tiny' A voice said from under him.

He looked down at Ella and nodded. 'She'll be ok'

'I'm being so silly. This isn't rational, I mean she's only a stupid spell, she'll be gone in a week anyway' She said her voice quivering.

'Yeah but she means something to you ... to us' He said as he rested his cheek on her head as he looked down at the tiny baby.

Throughout the day Hermione remained next to Ella writing and doing homework. Malfoy popped in regularly to see how she was and Hermione also got a visit from Harry and Ron to see how Ella was. There was no progress during the day, which continued to upset Hermione drastically.

Madame Pomfrey made it perfectly clear that Hermione should leave and go to sleep when it got dark but Hermione refused flatly so the nurse appealed to Malfoy to help get her away.

'Come on, you need to sleep' He tried.

'No, I don't'

'There's nothing we can do'

'I'm staying'

'Don't make me force you'

'How are you going to do that?' She challenged as she sat beside Ella's bed.

He walked up to her, picked up her small frame and put her over his shoulder. She screamed.

'Malfoy, put me down right now!'

'No' He said simply walking out of the hospital wing with Hermione struggling.

'I'll bite you'

'Getting kinky are we?' He said huskily. 'And it would be lovely if you would stop staring at my ass'

'I am not staring at your ass'

'Fine, not that I care... Quite a turn on'

'Shut up'

He got to their living area and stumbled across the threshold and threw Hermione onto a sofa.

'You make me so mad' She said getting up.

'You wouldn't move'

'Its like you don't even care that Ella may never wake up from this coma thing!'

'We have to remember she's just a spell Granger'

'She's effected you though. You're not as harsh to me anymore as I'm the "mother" of your child'

'Don't flatter yourself'

'Oh I won't' She said getting angrier. 'If you wouldn't have left her with that stupid Slytherin girl, Ella might be fine'

'Your being stupid, Dee didn't do anything'

'Pfft, if I had left her with a decent human being and not a heartless Slytherin, we wouldn't be having this conversation'

Malfoy was biting back insults as he stared at Hermione who was on the verge of tears.

'I hope she'll be ok' She said softly looking down at her feet.