21. Insanity issues

'We're going out for the day' Malfoy stated as he strode back into his bedroom. Both Hermione and Ella looked up quizzically at him as he threw himself onto the bed next to them with very little elegance.

'Where are we going?' Ella said excitedly crawling over to her father and poking him.

'Why are we going?' Hermione said, her eyes narrowing suspiciously.

'Well, I think we need to spend more time as a family... far, far away from here'

'It's a school day Draco, we can't just up and leave and I need to talk to you anyway' Her eyes flicked to Ella 'Alone'

'We can talk later' He said, shooting Ella a smile. 'So where do you wanna go, Ella?' He said, tickling her lightly.

'Hogsmeade?' She suggested lightly.

'That's way too close' He said, glancing over at Hermione.

'I'm not missing any lessons. I refuse to bunk off, Draco' She said raising her voice.

'For once, change your priorities' He snapped. Hermione's eyes narrowed in anger as she clenched her fists and calmed herself.

'Ella, can you give your mum and dad a moment alone for a second?' She said with a smile towards her daughter. Ella sat there looking between her mother and father, her eyes stopped on her father as she looked at him expectantly.

'Yeah, give us a moment' Malfoy said, seeing she was waiting for him to tell her what to do. She jumped off the bed and scurried off into her room.

'She's such a daddy's girl' Hermione said sighing as she ran her fingers through her hair. 'So, what the hell happened with your dad and why do you want us to run off?'

'He...' Malfoy moved to lie on his stomach as he wrapped an arm around Hermione's stomach. 'He threatened me. Which didn't come as a shock at all. He wants me to stop..well..whatever we have going on here. If we don't, he'll hurt Ella and if we still don't give in, he'll take you'

Hermione felt his arm tighten around her waist as she bit her bottom lip nervously.

'So you thought we'd leave the country?' She said, raising an amused eyebrow.

'Only for the day, I just want to spend some time with you and Ella. We can't do that here, my dad's got people watching us' He said, moving over to gentle nuzzle her neck.

'Great, just great' Hermione said sarcastically as she distractedly kissed his cheek. Malfoy moved onto his side and gave her a suggestive look.

'How long do you reckon we have before Ella comes to find us?' He said, a small smirk on his lips as he leaned further over Hermione.

'Not long' She said, smiling at him as he moved a strand of her hair out of her face. He leaned over and captured her lips slowly and gently as he moved his body on top of hers. Hermione groaned quietly into his mouth as she felt his hand sneak its way under her school shirt.

'D-draco, what if Ella walks in?' She said as he undid her top completely and threw it onto the floor.

'She won't and if she does, we'll finish this later. I promise' He said quietly as he admired her exposed skin and gently kissed up her neck as she felt Hermione's hands find the zip on his trousers and tug down.

'Mummy?' Ella squeaked from the doorframe as she looked at her parents in confusion.

'Oh god' Hermione said, using Draco's body to cover herself up. 'This couldn't get any worse' She muttered as she looked on the floor in search of her shirt.