17. Confined spaces

Hermione and Malfoy sat in Dumbledore's office slowly nodding as he explained to them what was going to happen.

'You two have a choice, we can either create a very large dorm room with room for both of you and Ella in one of your houses, such as all 3 of you sleep in Slytherin or Gryffindor'

Malfoy looked doubtful and Hermione looked offended at the idea of being with Slytherins.

'And the other option?' Hermione seeing that this idea was just not going to work.

'The other Miss Granger is that we re-do your quarters that you two had previously to accommodate Ella.'

'That seems like the logical idea' Hermione said nodding.

'Yes, we thought as much. You will have a bigger area, and a different bedroom for Ella and you two will share a double bed' He said peering over his glasses to see Hermione shift uncomfortably.

'Why do we have to share a bed?' Hermione shrieked, standing up and putting her hands on her hips. Malfoy raisedan eyebrow at her and winked suggestively which made her go red.

'Ella expects you two to share bed and we want to keep up appearances. But charms will definitely be put in place to stop any... rules being broken, do I make myself clear?' He said staring pointedly at Draco.

Both Hermione and Malfoy nodded slowly.

'While on that subject, I understand Professor Snape came upon you two while in a detention in a position I had hoped my two best students would never be in'

'I am so sorry about that Professor. It will never happen again I promise you. Never again!' She said almost shouting as Malfoy looked towards her with a smirk.

'If the circumstances were different, I would have issued punishments to you both but as Ella is still here, we will save the punishments until some other time. Now you two may go and I will catch up with you tomorrow.'

'Ermm, what about Ella's clothes and stuff like that?' Hermione said as she stood up from her chair.

'That has already been taking care of'

'Thank you' She said walking slowly out in front of Malfoy who shut the door.

They walked silently down the steps, Malfoy looked towards Hermione and walked off in the opposite direction.

'I'll see you later then' Hermione said to herself as she watched Malfoy's retreating figure go down the hall.

Over 2 hours later Hermione walked through the door to their room with an armful of books. Malfoy, who was reading on the sofa, looked up and smirked.

'Why all the books?'

'Well, we need to read all these. They're all on how to be parents and how to get the best out of our child.'

'We're never going to be good parents, Granger. We're 16, we won't be ready for parenting for another decade or so.' He said standing up to help Hermione with all the books.

'Yes but we must try our best. Where is Ella anyway?'

'Asleep, I found her earlier sitting on Snape's desk talking about potions. I've never seen Snape speechless.' He said.

'She's clever'

'Get's it from her mum' He said kissing her very quickly on the neck.

'Complimenting me will get you no where' She snapped as she turned to look at Malfoy.

'Oh come on, Ella's asleep...' he trailed off as he looked her in the eye and smiled. She raised an eyebrow and shook her head as a smile tugged at her lips.