8. I should hate her

She moved toward him... but stopped suddenly when she saw a bunch of parchment behind the sofa. She raised an eyebrow at Malfoy who saw what she was looking at and made a move for them.

His eyes widened 'Just homework' He said with a smile.

She leaned down and picked a bit up. "I hate Granger?" She said softly looking at the writing that covered the page. 'Ok, I know you hated me but why did you have to write it out so many times?' Hermione said slightly hurt, she had thought she was making progress with him.

He grabbed the piece of parchment from her hand, picked up the rest and walked out of the room without saying a word.

He strode down the hall with his face like thunder. He used his wand to make the parchment in his arms disappear and walked into the great hall making the large door slam. Many people looked up from what they were doing to see Malfoy throw himself onto the bench and put his head in his arms.

'You Ok Draco?' He heard a stupidly sweet voice say from next to him. He picked his head up a bit to meet the face of Pansy.

'Fine' He mumbled.

'Having a bad day?' He heard another voice say from the other direction. He turned to see the smiling face of Blaise who was playing with a quill.

'You could say that'

'Got anything to do with a girl?' Blaise said casually while most of the Slytherin table listened intently.

'No' He said very quickly 'Why would you think that? Who told you that? I mean, it's not true but where did you hear that?'

Blaise smiled. 'So it has got to do with a girl'

'Draco?' Said Pansy's shocked voice. 'Another girl?!' She shrieked causing Malfoy to shoot a glare in her direction.

'I'm just confused'

'I know what would make you feel better ... wanna go bully someone for a bit? Get some aggression out?' Blaise suggested hopefully.

Malfoy looked at him incredulously. No, he didn't want to go bully anyone. At that moment, all he wanted to do was think... and throw himself off the top of the astronomy tower for thinking certain things. He smirked ... no, he wouldn't let a stupid mudblood get to him. Not now, not ever. Even seeing the hurt in those chocolate coloured eyes wouldn't make him forget that he was above her.

'Come on Blaise, lets go find Potty and turn him into a rabbit or something' He said standing up with Blaise following behind him.

It was dark when Malfoy decided to walk back to his room. He opened the door ready to say something but stopped when he saw Hermione silently rocking Ella in her arms. She noticed him and put one finger against her lips. 'Shhh, she's just about to nod off'

Malfoy looked questioningly at her for a moment before moving next to Hermione and kissing Ella on the forehead. Hermione dissapeared into the bedroom with a soft smile on her face but when she came back out, her face was contorted with rage.

'Where the hell have you been today? You have a responsibility to Ella!' She said raising her voice a little.

He wasn't about to apologise. 'She's just a magic baby...thing' he said waving his arms about.

'Yes but she's a screaming and crying magic baby when her "father" isn't around!' She said her voice getting even louder.

'It's only a baby' He said tiredly as he let out a yawn.

'Only a ...' She shook her head in disbelief. 'Your not a good father Malfoy'

'You've said that before' He said dazed.