A silent goodbye

Joe's POV:

I looked up to Dianne. Her back was turned and I couldn't help but stare at her curved body as she stood upright in the centre of the room. Her red hair cascading beautifully down her cold shoulders. I knew we were about to break up and I think the thought of never seeing her again made her seem more beautiful then ever before.

Her skin was beautifully tanned even in the cold light of London coming through the windows. Her red hair was glistening with colour, each curl and strand falling like an individual delicate waterfall. Although she was facing away from me, her facial features that could be seen from the mirror were perfect. The dimple on her right cheek, the small scar on the top of her lip - I never asked how she got it but it was one of my favourite parts of Dianne's features. All her imperfections making her perfect.

I don't know what came over me but I suddenly excepted that we were breaking up. But I couldn't leave without saying goodbye properly.

Narrator's POV:

Joe walked over to Dianne quietly, his face showed no expressions but his crystal eyes were locked firmly on Dianne's body. She still faced away from him, in an attempt to hide her tears from Joe.

She regretted saying that Joe should have jumped, because it was simply untrue and unfair to Joe. She didn't mean it - she was angry but she still loved Joe with all her heart and more.

The prolonged silence between them as Joe walked closer to Dianne was becoming eerie and deafening. Dianne was about to turn around to Joe but didn't when she felt his gentle hands press onto her shoulders. His hands were cold and bony - missing there usual comforting touch that Dianne craved so much on a daily basis.

Joe's POV:

I touched her shoulders and gently spun her round. She didn't protest but kept her head down, keeping her eyes to the floor. I gently cupped my hand under her chin, and lifted her face.

Although she was crying and her mascara had run she was still the most beautiful girl in the world. Nothing could ever improve her, she was already perfect.

My voice was choked as the tears continued to fall down my pale skin. "If I have to say goodbye, I'm going to say it right." Before she had a chance to say anything I quickly lent down and kissed her.

It was like no kiss I had ever had with anyone before. It was tender and needless but romantic and subtle. As I kissed her and she kissed me back, for an all to brief moment it was the perfect combination of anger, love, lust and hatred. We stayed into this for an all but fleeting moment before she pulled away.

I walked past her and headed out of the door doing my best to keep my dignity intact. Not before saying one final thing to her.

"You can have my apartment. I'll crash at Caspar's for as long as you need me to. Goodbye Dianne Buswell."

And with that I walked out of the studio.

We were no more.

Over...