Go back to her

Caspar's POV:

I opened the door as it knocked. It was probably Josh, as he was always forgetting his keys. As I opened it I was surprised to see Joe standing there, his head hung low and his face red, blotchy and drowned in his tears.

"Hey Joe, everything okay buddy?"

"No." He replied bluntly.

I stepped to the side and gestured for him to come in. He settled on the sofa but was clearly shaken up and uncomfortable.

Conversation:

C: So Joe what's happened?

J: Dianne broke up with me

C: Shit mate i'm sorry. I know how much she meant to you

J: She saw the article about me and Evie

C: Oh so that's who it was, Josh and I were trying to figure out who the girl was she looked familiar but we couldn't quite work out who.... Sorry that's not the point. Um, what did Dianne say

J: Well she implied that she wished I killed myself, which lets face it isn't what you want to hear from someone you're going out with

C: No I guess not. So how did she break up with you?

J: What do you mean?

C: Like what did she say to break up with you?

J: She didn't have to say anything. after she told me that I should jump off a building she didn't say anything - I gave her a proper big kiss as I walked out, she kissed me back and that was it to be honest.

Joe's POV:

I always found it so easy to talk to Caspar. He wasn't just my best friend he was one of three people in my life who I could be 100% honest with in any situation. He acts like an idiot on camera, but in reality Caspar is one of the smartest and most helpful people I know.

As I spoke to him, I managed to get my breathing under control and stop my crying. My mouth was still dry and In all honesty my head was still banging from the hangover I gained from last nights drinking.

"Joe are you sure she broke up with you?" Caspar said after a long period of thought and silence. I almost had to take a double take as to what he said. Of course Di wanted to break up with me. She was perfect and I was a cheating bastard. In all honesty I'm surprised that it took Dianne 11 months to realise that I wasn't good enough for her.

"What do you mean Caspar of course she fucking did."

"Well it's just it sounds like a bad fight is all."

"What how?" I asked seeming very confused by what he was talking about. It was a fight yes, but it was a fight that lead to a break up. Wasn't it?

"Did she ever say the words 'i'm breaking up with you' ?"

"No not directly." I said quietly giving Caspar a chance to see what he actually meant

"Do you love her?"

"More than anything else in the world."

"Does she love you?"

Now that was a more complicated question than any question I had been given before. If you'd asked me this whilst we were doing Strictly, I would have told you that there was no way in hell that Dianne could ever love me - she's to perfect. If you asked me whilst we were in Australia, I would have believed her if she said it to me. And when she did, I knew that at that point we were in love with each other. But now I really don't know if she loves me. I mean maybe she still does, but so much has happened within the past 48 hours that I honestly don't know anymore.

"I don't know Casp it's complicated."

"Well obviously it's complicated. But I really think it was just a fight. I've never been in love before and I know that because I now judge love by what you have with Dianne and I've never felt like that about anyone. So this is what I think you should do... You may have had a fight but now you need to go back to her and fight for the woman that you love. Go and un-complicate things with her. Don't hide stuff from her and be honest okay. If it goes wrong then there's a sofa right here with your name on it."

Part of me thought that it was a bad idea. But another part of me, a bigger part of me, just wanted to see Dianne and fix this. Maybe Caspar was mad. Maybe Caspar was stupid. Or maybe Caspar's right. I took a chance and nodded to him as I got up off of the sofa and walked towards the door.

Before I left his apartment I looked back over to Caspar who was watching me with an eagle eye.

"Hey listen mate. Thank you." I said confidently, as the tears on my face dried and my head sorted it's self out.

Caspar gave me a slight nod of his head in recognition of my gratitude before I ran out of his apartment.

Practically sprinting home.

Back to Dianne...

A/N This wasn't the best but I'll make up for it by trying to get 2 more parts up tonight. Is there drama later? Who knows?...