Q&A

Narrator's POV:

As Dianne watched Joe rush up the stairs, without a single word escaping his lips, she couldn't help but feel angry at him.

It wasn't the first time that Joe had kept something to himself, but he usually gave some sort of tell sign to Dianne. But this time it was different. This time he was hiding something. Something BIG...

Slowly Dianne roused her aching legs, clambered up the remaining stairs and opened the dark wooden door that separated the two of them.

Dianne was more than ready to have a go at Joe. About absolutely everything that she felt a reason to be angry at him for. She never liked shouting at Joe, but sometimes it just had to be done.

As she walked in she looked at Joe's bruised and battered face. The tears in his eyes were no longer falling and a large smile was brought across his face for the first time in a while. But that wasn't what made Dianne's heart stop. What made her sweat slightly. What made her breath increase to a rapid sprint.

As she looked at the broken boy in the bedroom, she thought to herself about what she was going to say to the boy who was before her down on one knee.

"Dianne. You know that I love you - and what you have just said to me doesn't just put this smile on my face. It highlights every single reason that I love you. I know that I'm not perfect, but if you let me, I will spend the rest of my days caring for you, trying to make you laugh, loving you and doing everything that you deserve to have and more."

Joe paused for a brief moment. He swallowed the saliva that was sitting in his throat and cleared his chest before looking up to the stationary red head.

"Dianne Claire Buswell, will you marry me?"

The question Joe asked was met with a small period of stony silence before Dianne gave her answer.

She looked into his deep blue, ocean eyes and said one word...

"No."

A/N only a short one for tonight, I know that these recently haven't been the most exciting chapters but I hope you can tell from this one that there's some big shit coming soon xx