Chapter 21 Possession

Isaac guided the two of them out of the elevator and finally into a private room which overlooked the bustling city below, it was indeed beautiful but unfortunately drowned in blood and sins. Every business that was allocated outside the noble and peaceful city was bought and or obtained through illegal means, gambling, killing, forgery, theft, and so many more ways. Only the feared and powerful held the reigns in this city of chaos.

Angel was sitting down straight, he would steal glances at his master here and there, he wanted to ask so many questions but wasn't so sure where to start, or if his master would get mad for being nosy. Isaac of course noticed this pet had so many questions that he was about to burst and decided to amuse him.

"There's something on your mind." Isaac pointed out.

"Y-yes." Angel said embarrassed that he was caught so easily. "H-how did you know?" Could it be? Did his master know him so well that he could even read his mind, were they so compatible that they could finish each other's sentences?

"You're like an open book, what is it that's gotten your attention away from everything." Isaac commanded; it didn't sound like a question at all.

"Y-you Isaac." Isaac raised an eyebrow, more likely motioning for Angel to explain his answer. "You know everything about me, but I-I don't even know your last name." Angel blushed as he didn't take the way Isaac spoke to heart anymore, even if he spoke so roughly, he knew that Isaac did not mean it in any way that would deem it offensive, unless Isaac wanted to.

"You want to know about me?" Isaac finally asked a question, in his face Angel had read that he was surprised that he wanted to know about him, but Angel doesn't know that he only sees what Isaac lets him see.

"Yes."

"Why?" Isaac's eyes suddenly turned dead, no light in them as he began to ramble on about his suspicions against Angel. "To find my weakness? To uncover dirt on me and escape and then tell everything you know to my enemies so they can take me out? Or you want to catch me off guard and-"

"NO!" Angel suddenly screamed, those eyes, he didn't want to see those emotionless eyes that resembled his own when he thought no one cared, but his master did. He stood up from his chair so fast that it had been knocked down, circling around the table he hugged the very tense Isaac who now was trembling. "I will never betray you master... You are all that I have left, I am scared that you will leave me behind."

That is all Isaac needed to hear to go on to the next stage of these missions. Finally, the mouse has been caught.

"Ask." Isaac finally calmed down and wrapped his arms around the teen. "Ask anything you want, and I'll answer within the best of my abilities."

"What's your name?" Angel began as he pulled back slightly to see his master's regular blank face.

"Isaac Beck Flynn."

"What's your favorite color?"

"Orange."

"What kind of food do you prefer in a rainy day?"

"Potato soup."

"Why?"

"My mother... She would make it when it rained, the rain would come with cold winds, so the soup warmed everyone up. She would also make it when I would get sick." Isaac explained.

"Who's everyone?"

"Me, my little brothers and little sisters."

"How many siblings do you have?" Angel asked curiously."