Chapter 40 Imply

Their route towards the Bondulia Kingdom was quite the road, especially when bandits decided to "rob" them for suspecting them to be adventurers on the go.

"Stop right there!" A group of six men appeared from the bushes with evil and vile grins on their faces.

But both so called noblemen did not hesitate to keep going or probably didn't hear the weak looking ant before them. "What are you? Stupid?" The man who spoke before that seems to be taking the role of leader barked out orders again. "Stop right now or we'll kill you!"

"How annoying." Karim mumbled as he smacked his lips.

Startled by the look of annoyance, Déwei glared at the men who placed his sweetheart in a bad mood, had just cheered him up after Karim had screamed at him for touching him too much. He unsheathed his sword, a black aura emerged as he swung the sword diagonally. In an instant, screams erupted as Karim noticed black flames engulf the bandits and were unable to put them out. "Let's go, we've wasted time on vermin." Déwei cooed as he soothed his man and they continued; they ran side by side until they had finally reached Bondulia kingdom.

The men at the gate saluted at their Crown Prince and ushered them in quickly while another went to inform the King of his son's arrival along with a stranger they have never seen before.

Their presence was that of otherworldly beings, no one approached them, as they held cloaks that covered their faces. But one did arrive with a deep bow. "Crown Prince Déwei, His highness wants to see you as soon as possible."

"I'm hungry so I'll go after I eat." Déwei said shamelessly as he headed in a different direction, leaving behind the messenger in a difficult position.

"Let's head through the slums, we can enter the black market that way." Déwei informed his love as he entered left and guided through back alleyways and finally entered the slums, people stared clear of them and avoided any eye contact, they knew that if people walked through here with cloaks, they were noble men that should never be offended. Soon enough they arrived at the back of a closed down news printing factory. A metal door stood strong and sturdy as Déwei knocked in a rhythm secretly and began opening right after.

A buff dark sun kissed man opened the door for them, his facial expression mean and rude but as soon as he saw an emblem that Déwei held up for him his rude face turned in a sweet little boy's. "Your highness welcome, please head in we were able to retrieve what you were looking for!"

Déwei and Karim entered with no response and began to walk down a flight of stairs. The halls were dark and soon enough another entry way was revealed, this time a velvet blue curtain was pulled out of the way by a lovely lady whose dress was too revealing. "Hello special guest, I'll guide you to your destination that my hubby told you about."

"Take special care of them honey." The big buff man kissed the pale skin of the beautiful woman, and both exchanged sweet nothings and departed soon after.

Walking through the black-market, vendors and stalls were positioned all along the wall, each and every person held a specially designed mask to hide their identities. Both prince and Werecat were able to keep their identities secret due to the cloak they wore, when the hood was pulled up nothing was seen on their faces, only a pitch-black void.

Going through more turns, they were soon greeted by a burly man with a long goatee, he smiled and did not speak as another door opened up for them. Inside was a caged-up panther growling the moment the door opened. It hissed and swiped at the two people and right after the door closed behind them for privacy, Déwei broke the lock and immediately Karim shifted into his original form.