Sticky 6.7

Charlie was walking outside of his estate, he was chatting harmoniously with William to his side. How he got like this? Well through sheer lies!

It was the only way he could get out of this predicament. To have kidnapped the emperor's godson and even thought about keeping him as a cute little tea servant was already a death sentence to his entire family lineage.

"So you saw someone following me, that's why you had those knights grab me and bring me into your house?" William repeated the bullshit that came out of Charlie's mouth.

That's right, Charlie had claimed a predator was tailing this young man in a very safe and secure closed in community for the noble. It was either that or get labeled as a fellon and sentence to death for kidnapping.

He was too beautiful to die.

He internally cried as he nodded a forced a bright smile on his lips.

"Yes, and now that a couple of hours have passed, let's go take you back to you home. I don't want your family to think you've been kidnapped." Charlie smiled as the two left the estate and were now walking down the road. Just a couple of blocks away from Charlie's own mansion.

"Right." William nodded in understanding appreciation.

As they arrived to the front door he turned to an attentive escort. "You know." He began.

"That was some very impressive lies, but you don't have to worry about my family. I don't really see them often, they're always out. And even if they are here, they wouldn't notice I was missing." As William said this Charlie's face seemed to be draining of color. "I won't report you, this was the most excitement I've had since I've been alive, beside going to the orphanage that is, anyways. Thank you for escorting me to my house."

"There you are young master, it's already time for dinner. Come along." A maid opened the door as she gave a bright smile. "Oh who this young master? A guest?"

"Not at all, just dropping off your young master, be save William." Charlie waved as he awkwardly left the home with his three knights right behind him.

"See you, Charlie." William nodded as he bid farewell and entered the home.

-

"It seems you've been quite active this past year." Elliot commented as they were out in the garden, William nibbling on a cookie on a cool weekend.

"What of it?" William turned to his ever attentive butler.

"Nothing, I've been noticing your change of personality, you're more expressive than usual, you've gained many friends. You're opening up and I've seen you smile so often this year than the other years you've been here."

"Whatever." William turned away with a softly flushed face.

"You're turning ten soon young master." Elliot smiled. "Would you like to invite your friends?"

"This year won't be any different from the last, I don't want anything just leave it be." William gave a sigh as he stood up from his chair. "I'll be turning in for the day."

"Yes young master." Elliot nodded as he prepared everything.

-

As William retired for the day, Elliot stood in the kitchen, crossing his vision was the calendar, marking the day of August 18th, the day his master was born.

The maids and butler were surrounding him as well. All looking quite sad and worried.

"The master called, he said he won't be able to make it this year either." The head maid said with a frown.