Rest 6.10

He had left the last villain he needed to meet behind and had convinced him to not rob the store. For the mean time William had ordered Jerry to go home and do as he pleases until he called for him.

The furniture section was in front of him.

He entered a store filled with beds, he had laid down on one at the farthest end of the store. He saw a small child wipe away a bit of dirt from his cheek, his hair was a self gold tinted to it, making him remember a bit of a horrible world.

-

[Obey the orders or you shall be controlled.] The system spoke up cold and darkly, only to get a glare from a small child, his hair a short white color as his body was dirty and skinny.

"No!" He shook his head. "I don't want to do this anymore, I want to go home, I want to go back to my original world, to my mother and my love-" He couldn't finish his sentence before an overwhelming feeling entered his body and it began to move without his consent, he tried to take back control but couldn't, he tried to speak but couldn't, he tried to cry out for help but couldn't.

He was being controlled for the first time, and he didn't like it.

It's terrifying, he saw himself steal from a rich man and soon be cut down just as a female lead failed to save him and begin her journey to save humanity.

-

William snapped out of the memory before he could remember more horrible things, it had been a long time since he remembered something during those days as a slave, and from remembering his very first memory at a world further down the worlds, was an odd feeling.

"System." William lifted up a hand and spread his palm, he bent his index finger into his palm and extended it back out, in front of him now reveal the system's floating body.

[Yes master?] The system spoke kindly, nothing like the memory he had seen in his dreams.

"Nelli." William said.

[I do not understand master.] The system said as it seemed to have tilted sideways to show it's confusion.

"I said I'd think about giving you a name. It's now Nelli." William ran a hand through his hair with a tranquil look in his eyes as he looked at the system who gave off a feeling of surprise.

[ Yes you did master... Thank you.] The system sincerely thanked William and it was soon dismissed.

"Umph!" William let out a muffled shout as his face came crashing and being smothered by a warm and hard wall as he was exiting the furniture store.

He turned to look up and see his ever so faithful butler, smiling down at him. "It seems George couldn't find you, so he called the manor and asked for help. Some knight you have young master."

"Yeah." William seemed a little out of it, as if he was in a dazed.

And he was.

William thought back to the lives he and this soul before him lead. Those worlds were blissful in their own ways. He couldn't help but let out a heart wrenching smile and he looked at Elliot. "Yeah." He said with a little more emotion in it as he leaned his forehead against the chest of the butler.

"Young master?" Elliot was shocked at the sudden warm expression, his master smiled, but it wasn't anything like this smile.

A smile filled with fulfillment and complete bliss, he felt something warm in his own heart, to have been the cause of this smile made him feel an undescribable happiness. It was a feeling that made him instinctively tuck a loose silver like hair behind his master's ear and feel the hot skin through the white gloves he wore. "Would you like to head back home young master?"

"Yes, is George with you?" William asked as he composed himself before something got out of hand and he looked around the trusty butler.

"No sir, I informed him to wait at the entrance with the others until I was able to locate you." Elliot shook his head and explained the situation.

"How did you find me?"

"Intuition?" Elliot said with a smile, to be entirely honest he thought like his master when entering the mall.

After he had recieved an entire rant from George about how his master was practically ripped away from them and taken with the flow of the frenzied tea section they had lost the little bundle of joy somewhere and had completely lost him. He looked about ready to cry and Elliot was about ready to slap the fool across the face. Luckily he had held it in and let his instincts take over.

What would his master do at this situation?

He breathed in and thought deeply, what would a cute independent thinking master with absolutely no guidance through the mall do when lost?

Roam around.

So taking the route where the flow of crowd had taken him he was meet with an individual sneaking around and leaving through a stairwell and saw a mattress store there, as he was about to bypass it he saw his master looking completely out of focus.

And that was when he was bumped into.

After the event had ended, everyone bid their farewells and Elliot had gone back with his young master to the mansion. As they had arrived and exited the car, as william entered the house he saw his mother walking down the stairs. As their eyes meet, the beautiful woman with silver hair looked surprised and overjoyed.

"Will!" She smiled as she went a little faster down the stairs. "How come you weren't home when we arrived?"

"You're never here to greet me when I arrive so why do you have special treatment." It was a rhetorical question as he turned and went to his room, avoided the hand that was reaching to grab him.

"Will, wait a minute." His mother spoke out as she looked on with a shocked expression, but before she can speak further he was already gone and out of sight.

--------

*sad violin playing in the background *

*deep breath*
I am so sorry...
My readers, my Angels.
Even after promising that I shall start updating regularly, but I failed you.
So as a gift, I will upload the rest of the story and an entire arch will soon follow after three weeks.
Happy birthday everyone.
And thank you so much for being there to read Hunting the Creator.
🥰🥰