Chapter 36 Destination

The calm woods began to thin out, the road they were following had finally revealed their distant mission as Mikhail blew out a sigh of relief. He couldn't stand another day with those piercing glaring black eyes at the back of his head. He glanced behind him to see the Crown Prince was further away behind him but alongside Crown Prince Dewei was Mikhail's panther, Night. They seem to be harmonizing and from the looks of it, Déwei was conversing with Night.

He silently mocked the Crown Prince; how could he talk to his panther when he couldn't do so yet. Only those with a strong bond with their werecat were able to communicate as if the other was a human.

"We're here." Mikhail announced as the three went their own way.

Well... what Mikhail thought was their own way, he was left alone in the middle of a crowded street while his partner was taken away by the Crown Prince to who knows where.

"I need Night." The Crown Prince had announced.

"But he's supposed to be by my side-"

"A few hours won't kill you; this is an order." Dewei said with an irritated look.

"That's my panther." Mikhail murmured was he looked like he was about to cry as if someone took away his favorite toy.

He felt bummed out in the end. He couldn't do anything either way, he knew well enough that he could not say what was on his mind to the crown prince. But hopefully as he grows much stronger, even that blood crazy crown prince would not be able to offend him and his sister.

With that settled thought in his mind he left to check into his hotel room and spent the time cultivating and waiting until night came along to do his scouting.

Meanwhile, both Karim and Déwei were sitting in a luxurious restaurant, the owners personally came to greet the prince, he was well known everywhere in the continent for his amazing skills and his ferocious killing ways. The two ate as Déwei talked nonstop, for a cold prince who was known to stay quiet and only spoke to kill, he sure talked as if he was a teenage girl talking about boys.

"I've been here before with my army before, we had to go through this place to find a location where we could settle down for a few days." He monologues. "I had been wounded, fortunately it wasn't severe, we had stumbled across the back of the restaurant when the owner came out.."

While he was talking nonstop Karim was looking down at his food with a look of distaste, he hated some cultivation worlds, their food was bland and held almost no taste. He wanted to go out and hunt his meat and cook it himself, but he decided to do it when he was alone and not with someone around. If someone did find out they would be bewildered as to how he knew of such delicious seasonings and since he is a panther who grew up eating nothing but raw meat, he would rather not think about the headache that would come right after.

His panther palette did not help him either, growing up with such taste he only looked forward to his meat being hunted fresh and his teeth sinking into raw meat.

"Is the food not to your liking?" The prince finally took notice of the beautiful panther who was looking and moving the food with its paw.

"I'm not fond of cooked meat." He said as he transformed into his human form and frowned as he picked up the stake with two clawed fingers and held it up.

"..." Déwei looked on with heated eyes at the panther before him.

His naked figure out in the open, even if they were in a private room. His legs wide open without a care in the world while his little friend lay with utmost mockery for all other men.

"Put this on." The prince said through gritted teeth and handed over his outer coat, his body stiff trying not to lose control.

"No." Karim declined bluntly.