Chapter 39 Mission

And so, they traveled, almost immediately towards their so-called home, Bondulia Kingdom. To Déwei it seemed as if the youngest son worried for his beloved mother who he had thought had been killed gruesomely by the kingdom's men. But for the young Karim it was succeeding in derailing the story line further from its plot, what confused him was the main reason his mother was not killed by the human during their kidnapping? Was he able to change some kind of outcome due to them evading his and his brother's kidnapping? His theories obviously would not come out as he predicted a hundred percent, but he knew that most would. So, if Karim was right then his own presence grew stronger and with every world he changed and with that change he gained the so-called plot armor the main characters held. If it were not the first theory ten another theory might hold more truth, it would mean that for the story to keep progressing then the world would warp itself in a way that it did not need to have the panther mother killed. It would evolve the story in a different route where the outcome stayed the same. Whatever it was he held out in curiosity and decided to see for himself the end as he ruined everything further.

As their journey commenced their speed to their kingdom was a bit rushed, for Karim it was due to the destruction of the story for; Déwei it looked to him that Karim dearly missed his mother. Their pace was kept to a full-blown run, a few days had passed without rest and surprisingly Déwei was able to keep up with the panther. It was not that Karim expressed anything less from the soul, but he gave him props for sticking to him even to this extent. The two eventually had to stop on the fourth day since Karim needed to take a small breather, turning toward Déwei he noticed that he was slightly winded as a few beads of sweat were present.

"Come here." The prince said, although it didn't sound like a command, more like a plead.

Karim of course didn't see the harm of not obeying and walked towards the prince.

"Could you shift for me once more." Déwei asked, and just as Karim did so a cloak was strewn over his slender and small frame.

"Someone's coming." Karim warned as he felt four strong presences heading their way.

"It's fine, they're my people." Déwei waved it off, and just as fast, four completely dressed in black figures kneeled before their Prince and bowed low.

"You're Highness, we've come to deliver." One spoke up as he lifted their hands up to reveal a single piece of paper.

"Dismissed." Déwei ordered after taking the piece of paper and the four figures suddenly disappeared within the deep forest.

"What is it?" Karim asked, tilting his head.

"What I had promised." Déwei simply said as he stuck the paper onto the collar and chanted a small word under his breath.

The piece of paper burned away and the collar that had grown along with Karim broke in an instant and fell to the floor. Under any circumstances when the collar breaks it means that the one wearing it is dead too. When the collar breaks it instantly sends a notice to the master notifying them that their slave was no more. No one would have ever thought otherwise that the collar was able to be broken. Since there was not a single one of Karim's kind that was able to be released from their collar besides their master's command or the collar wearer's death.

"How do you feel Night?"

"That's not my name shitty prince." Karim gave a hiss and a look of disgust as if Déwei had insulted his whole lineage.

"Then tell me your name." Déwei didn't mind the rude words spoken to him, if it was anyone else they would have never seen their killer even if he was right in front of them. Instead of feeling even a little irritated the crown prince let a small smirk of amusement towards the small panther.