Chapter 7

Becky POV

Two months later

The draft is here and boy am I nervous as ever. It's being held on Smackdown, which will most likely soon become my new home show. Yet, it is not confirmed that I'll be going to Smackdown. We were sitting around the backstage me, Charlotte, Bayley and Sasha. Bayley was to make her main roster debut but not get drafted. We knew however that she was going to Raw. "So, I'll probably be 'lone-wolfing' it here on Smackdown" I said disrupting our silence. "This sucks!" Charlotte exclaimed. "It is what it is Char" I said placing my hand on top of hers. "The positive side of this is you're gonna be on top of the Smackdown women's division" Sasha declared. "There's no way that they wouldn't pick you to become the champion" She continued. I smiled and thanked her. "Only time will tell" I replied. Soon after, Shane walked in the room. "Hey girls. I hope I'm not interrupting anything but Becky I need to talk to you in my office" He said. "Oh, sure Shane" I said having the very feeling that I know I'm gonna be confirmed going to the blue brand. We walked down the halls of the backstage and entered his office. He sat behind his desk and offered me to take a seat. I sat down and he asked "So how are you feeling?" "I'm doing good, I'm just nervous as ever" I said with a little laugh coughing out. "I understand that completely and I want to break the very news to you right now" He said preparing his announcement to me and I thought to myself, here we go. "Becky, you are one of the top stars in WWE's women's division today. You have proven yourself to be a future champion and a very valuable wrestler in the business for the past few years you've been here ever since NXT. I would like to let you know right now that Smackdown has secured you as the first woman to be drafted in this draft" He said confidently. I let out a smile knowing it's officially confirmed to me. I have been nervous these past couple months and I felt a sigh of relief escape me. However, Charlotte still was on my mind as the disadvantage to being away from her for longer periods.

"Shane you don't know how important this is to me, especially being the first woman to be drafted to Smackdown which is an absolute honor. Thank you so much" He nods his head in acknowledgement and followed up with "And you are a heavy favorite to become the first women's champion on Smackdown. Don't disappoint" He said with a small grin. "Never would i ever do such a thing" I said as I got up and shook his hand. He led me out of his office and we bid farewell, then I headed off back to the locker room that the girls and I were in. I entered the locker room and sat back down with them. "Well, it's official... I'm going to the blue brand" I announced with a content voice. I saw Charlotte looking down at the floor without an expression on her face. "Of course" she muttered yet it was still noticeable for us to hear. "Look I understand it sucks that we won't be seeing each other for most of each week but this is a huge opportunity Char" I said holding her shoulder. "And you think it's all okay that we won't be with one another for the majority of each week?" She asked with a building bitterness. "Charlotte I know it sucks. That is the major downside to this whole thing. I still love you hun, nothing's changed about that. If I were running things, I'd make sure we'd be on the same brand for sure. We just need to be positive for the time being Charlotte" I said as I knelt down to her. She frowned at me and gave me a tight hug. "Okay love" She says. Bayley and Sasha gave us hugs. "So we've got about a couple more hours before we have to get ready, so we're gonna head to catering. Catch you two later" Sasha said after briefly checking the time on her phone. "Bye" Charlotte and I said to the two before they walked out and closed the door behind them.

I looked at her as she looked down at the floor. I then got on her lap and raised her chin with my finger to bring her eyes up to gaze into mine. "Are you gonna be okay with this?" I ask. "I'll try Bex but... it's just gonna be rough not being with you on the road" She replies. "I know how it feels. I gotta deal with it too and I'm gonna be missing the hell out of you while being on the road without you in my arms" I said. "We'll have to just make the most out of the two days a week we have with one another. Hopefully, it will only be for a year and we will be with one another full time" I said making the effort to cheer her up. "Only if next year was tomorrow" She said as she sighed out loud. I shook my head and kissed her forehead. We sat around for around ten minutes just enjoying each others' company before we had to get ready for the show. I laid my head against her shoulder as she played with my hair like she always likes to do. She's forever my comfort zone, even if I were to freak out she'd know how to calm me down. I was slowly starting to fall asleep on her until I heard the door open and I quickly jerked away from her and fell on the floor before someone saw us. "Charlotte. Becky. You two are needed for hair and makeup" A backstage hand said and walked away closing the door behind him after we acknowledged the announcement. "Well it's that time again. You okay?" Charlotte said helping me up from the floor. "Yeah I'm alright, thanks" "Well of course my fine little Lasskicker" She said. I blushed and started to laugh a bit with her. We stepped out of our locker room and headed to hair and makeup.