Chapter 21

Becky POV

I walked the hallways to go look for Charlotte. Passing through I greeted Raw stars such as the New Day, Cesaro, Sheamus and even the Hardy Boyz. "Proud of you girl" Jeff Hardy said to me as a mention to last night's match I had with Charlotte. "I'm glad you loved the match. Sorry to cut this short but I'm looking for someone right now see you later!" I replied to the charismatic enigma and continued pressing on through the corridors of the arena. I grew eager after each step as I continued on through the building. She told me she was here but didn't tell me where exactly. I looked around the halls as I went trying to spit a trace of her. "Where is she" I said to myself as I kept walking. "Where's who?" I hear. I turned for a moment and saw that it was Mandy. "Oh hey Mandy I'm just looking for Charlotte" I said and I noticed she started to walk with me. "What's up?" I asked her. "Oh nothing, just the usual" She said. It felt odd she was walking with me. We've never been really close with one another granted she recently came up from NXT with Sonya, though we have had nothing bad between us when I met her when I came to help train her and others at the performance center. But it sure was odd that she's following me. "I haven't seen her around, you want me to help look for her?" She asked as she went stride for stride with me. I guess it couldn't hurt to have some help. "Sure" I replied as we kept walking down a hallway. "Well why don't we try this way" She said and we turned a corner to walk down a hallway lined with production equipment. Hopefully I can find her.

Charlotte POV

"Hey" I heard the familiar voice and turned around to see it was Sonya. "Oh hey, how are you?" I asked. "I'm good how about you?" She asked. "I'm good. You kinda caught me by surprise there" I replied. She snickered at my comment. "Sorry about that hun. So I was wondering if you wanted to hang out later, if you're not busy of course" She asked. "Well I kinda got something going on later but I'll let you know if I'm free" I said. "Okie doke. Well what are you doing standing around?" She asked with wonder. "I'm actually waiting looking for Becky, I honestly should go and look for her cuz she's been taking a bit" I said as I looked around the area that we were in. "Mind if I tag along?" She offered. "Why not, company's always nice anyways" I responded and with that we were off through the corridors of the arena. I walked past Raw and Smackdown stars that were there. Raw and Smackdown were airing from the same arena that Summerslam was held last night so pretty much almost everyone on the two rosters were here along with some NXT stars since Takeover was the night before Summerslam.

We walked past ring crew workers and backstage hands who were getting the show ready. I kept my eyes peeled for that set of familiar fiery orange hair that I've always adored. From the corner of my eye Sonya kept checking her phone, receiving texts and answering them. I assumed she's speaking with her agent or her trainer so I didn't really think too much of it. "So why are we trying to look for Becky?" Sonya asked. "Oh you know, just trying to meet up with her and go over our match from last night" I replied not trying to reveal what I was intending to do with Becky. "Fun fun, did you hear about her and Alexa?" Sonya mentioned. Well word does travel fast around here especially among the girls. "Yeah she told me last night that she and Alexa broke up" I answered. "Well not only that but apparently today they had CC made up and got back together. I guess their misunderstanding was resolved" Sonya revealed and I just mentally stopped and evaluated what she had just said to me. Seriously? I thought she was ready and willing to start something back up to me. "Wait what?!" I said. "Yeah, it was that quick right?" She returned. "Uh yeah I guess" I said and mentally sighed wondering how this is happening. I shot a text to Becky wondering where she was and if she was with anyone but I haven't gotten a response from her.

Becky POV

"Whatcha need to see Charlotte for?" Mandy asked. "Uhh well you know, just trying to catch up with her and see how she is after our match" I said. "I gotta tell you it was a fun one last night, obviously not for you in terms of pain but y'know still fun to watch. She commented. "I'm glad you liked it. I didn't care about the pain of it, I was just having fun last night besides passing out" I replied. "Oh yeah that was a scare. I was worried along with pretty much everyone in the back last night but thankfully you're here. She said. "I appreciate that" I replied. We kept walking and walking which felt endless as we kept on going through the arena searching for Charlotte. I grew aggravated by this as I kept searching with Mandy. She replied to a few texts on her phone as but was still working on helping out. Just then Mandy directed me towards a hallways and said "Why don't we try in one of these rooms? You never know, she might be in there" She suggested and I shrugged my shoulders replying "Couldn't hurt to check" We then checked in a room but no one was inside. We went ahead and checked the second room in the hall. I opened the door and met with a blonde woman with an apologetic look in her eyes. "Hey Becky" she said softly.