Chapter 16

Charlotte POV

We made it back to my house and he walked me to my doorstep. "I had a great time tonight" Seth said. "I did too" I said then hugged him. However I didn't pull away when I was done hugging. I simply gave him a small peck on the lips. "So cheek wasn't enough I see" He said with a small chuckle. "Oh stop it you" I said as I lightly nudged his arm. "Thanks for going out to dinner with me tonight" I said. "Of course, and I wouldn't mind to keep doing this" He said with a small smile on his face. "Sounds like a plan" I said then gave him another small peck on the lips then unlocked my door and entered my house. I waved him goodbye as he entered his car, then he drove off. I closed my door and felt optimistic about the future for me without Becky.

Maybe I can just make it without having to keep holding on. Yet, it'll still be tough to see her holding someone else and not me. Kissing someone else and not me. Just being with someone else and not me. God it's gonna be tough.

I took a shower and got ready for bed. I brushed my teeth and got to bed. I closed my eyes and all of a sudden, I hear a ding from my phone. I opened my eyes and grabbed my phone. I saw it was a text from Becky. I was pretty surprised by that. I opened the text.

Becky: Did you have fun staring a hole at me tonight?
Charlotte: I'm sorry but I just couldn't help myself. It was just hard to see you there tonight.
Becky: Just try to stop focusing on me and who I'm going out to dinner with and worry about Seth since you were sharing a table with him.
Charlotte: So bossy you are. Look I'm sorry but it's tough to see you with someone else, especially when it's her.
Becky: Do you have some grudge against her? Honestly.
Charlotte: I always thought she was off when we dated.
Becky: Well she isn't off Charlotte, and this jealousy just doesn't make sense
Charlotte: I just miss what we had
Becky: I guess I do too but I can't go back, especially when I'm still collecting myself by how it all fell apart. Goodnight

I turned my phone off and set it down on my nightstand. I thought about that, was our whole relationship just a miss? Now I'm starting to kinda believe it. But I still love her. The things I'd do to have her back in my arms and call her mine. I slowly drifted off to sleep thinking about what we had. Wishing I hadn't messed up like I did.

A few days later

I spun my finger around the rim of my small mug of coffee as I sat across from Naomi in an airport café, we had an hour wait for our flight, so we decided to grab some coffee for the wait. We were in the middle of a loop, so we were with some of the other stars from Smackdown.

"So how have you and Seth been doing" Naomi asked. "We're doing good. That first date we had went well" I answered. "It's good to see you doing better after the breakup" She said. "Yeah, it's still a bit tough without Becky" I said and Naomi nodded acknowledging me. We saw Jimmy and Jey walk up to us to say hi. "What's up girls" Jey said as Jimmy gave Naomi a small kiss. "Just enjoying some coffee, what you've been up to?" Naomi asked. "We've been hanging out with Randy for a little bit" Jimmy responded. "Hey now miss Flay, when are you stepping up to a squatting challenge against me?" Jey asked with a confident smile. "Oh please, you got no change at beating me in a squatting challenge" I said laughing. "We'll put that to the test. Just let me know when and where and I'll beat you" He said flashing a smile. "We'll just see about that" I replied. The four of us enjoyed a conversation for the remainder of the time before we had to board the plane. Naomi and I finished our coffee and left the café with the Uso twins. I frowned a bit when I saw Becky walking in with Alexa to board.

We showed our boarding passes to the lady and made it into the plane. I walked past both Becky and Alexa after they sat down. I didn't dare make eye contact with either one of them as I walked past. I sat down at my seat beside Naomi and got as comfortable as I could. I couldn't get much comfortable unless if I was with Becky. With her around on our plane rides from before, I never had to worry about getting uncomfortable for however long the ride was, but now I don't have her to secure in my arms.