Chapter 3 Am I magic?

Edited

"You're such a disgrace. You killed me. Do you know how it feels to have your only daughter kill you? No, you wouldn't. Because you think you're perfect. Well, guess what, Princess? You're not perfect, and soon you'll realize that you can't trust anyone and that even family turns there back on each other." he remarks smugly, looking down at me with a hurtful look of disgust.

"You have another daughter and your lying I didn't kill you I was 10 what did I do?" I question tears streaming down my face.

"Baby girl, think about the Lion King. Scar killed Mufasa. He turned his back on him and killed him, just because he wanted something." He continues, "But that's not why I'm here. You're going to learn how I really died soon and you're going to blame yourself. That's why you think I'm blaming you. I'm asking you to promise me something. Don't let him go, he cares about you. And, even though it'll be hard, forgive your mother." He exhales, ready for my shaky response.

"Let go of who, Dad? Who? I have nobody, okay? Don't you get that? My mother let Robert convince her into selling me! it was easy." He gave me a pleading look, practically begging me with his eyes. "Fine, I don't care about her but I forgive her. I will never forgive him though." I spat in disgust as I said "him".

"Goodbye, Baby girl. I will always love you," he whispers as he vanished again, leaving me a teary-eyed mess. I will always love you too, Dad. I miss those blue eyes that are so much like mine.

I wake up shaking. I look over at the alarm clock, it read 5:55. I internally groaned. I tried to get out of bed.

Keyword there being tried.

There is weight over me and I look to see a muscular arm over my waist. I follow the arm to who it belonged to. None other than Maverick. How did I end up in the bed? Didn't I fall asleep on the floor?

I huffed quietly to myself. I told him to leave me there.

I would never admit it to him, but that was definitely the best sleep I've had in a while.I tried to fall back asleep but it didn't work.

So I ended up getting up and changing into a striped low cut v-tank top, light washed blue jean skirt, and a pair of nude sandals. I put on some deodorant, sprayed perfume, brushed my teeth, and put my hair into a bun with two pieces left out that I curled.

 I put on some deodorant, sprayed perfume, brushed my teeth, and put my hair into a bun with two pieces left out that I curled

I did simple makeup. I didn't want it to be too noticeable but I made sure to cover my bruises and scars. I walk back into the bedroom and see the time is 6:52. It took me about an hour to get ready.

I decided to just sit on the floor until Maverick woke up.

At 8:30, I noticed Maverick start to stir. I laughed at his attempt to put the pillow over his head to block out the sun. If only it worked that easily.

He struggles for a bit, and then gives up. As he started to feel around the bed, he abruptly opens his eyes and looks around the room. As they land on me, I began to get anxious.

Is he going to get mad that I got up before him? I hope not. I don't want to be beaten for no reason.

"Baby girl, what are you doing?" He questions, probably not noticing the flames enhancing my face at the nickname.

"Just sitting here. What are you doing?" I sass at him, giving him a lighthearted smile.

"Nothing," As he laughs lightly, I notice his dimples. Oh god, the dimples. "Let me get dressed. then we'll go downstairs for breakfast," he says, also probably not noticing how I'd shifted uncomfortably from the explosions of feelings going off in my chest from the pronoun "we".

I just nodded, not wanting to object, even though I'm not hungry. At first, I was. Then I had lost my appetite quickly by thinking back to why I'm awake this early.

My mom told me dad had died in a car accident.

I wonder if that's true...

He came out of the bathroom, grabbed my hand, and pulled me downstairs. In one swift motion, he had picked me up and put me on the counter.

"You look amazing, Baby girl." he smiles at me, an emotion flashing through his eyes but I hadn't caught it.

"Thank you. You look good too," I say shyly, oddly liking the compliments.

After eating breakfast, which consisted of blueberry pancakes, he then drove me to school. It was a good day, so far. It was lunch time and I was going to sit with my best friend. When I entered the cafeteria, all eyes were on me.

That's odd. I don't like this attention. All of a sudden, everybody starts whispering.

I heard a couple of comments.

"Oh My God, is it true her parents sold her?"

"If I were her parents I would sell her too."

"Do you really blame them?"

"What are you whispering about now? Mind your own fucking business for once. Instead of everybody else's." I growl angrily at the rude people that were once my friends.

I walk outside, just to come face to face with-