Chapter 15 Duck tape?

Edited

When we got home we both went upstairs to our bedroom. I went into the closet putting on some soft Cotten shorts and and one of Mavericks T-shirts'. I walk out of the bathroom and see Mav laying on the bed on his back. With his elbow over his eyes.

I climbed onto the bed and he still doesn't notice me so I climb on top of him sitting on his lower stomach. He uncovers his eyes and smiles at me placing his hands on my hips rubbing soothing circles with his thumbs.

"I'm sorry about last night," I mumble looking down. He grabs my hands with were playing with the hem of my shirt and pulls me down to where my head is on his chest. He has one hand on my head and the other one thrown over me.

"You dont need to apologize baby it not your fault," he says I look up at him. "Your not mad at me," I question? "No baby, did you think I would be," he says looking at my in my eyes. I payed my head back

"Yeah, I thought you were gonna" I mumble not finishing my sentence scared if I do he really will get mad at me. "I know what you were gonna say Nichole," he says grabbing my chin making me look at him.  "I am never going to hurt you." "Okay," I said laying my head back down and closing my eyes. Maverick kisses my head and closes his eyes.

We both feel asleep. I woke up at four thirty cause I had to pee. I get up which was difficult because Mav didn't want to let me go. After I peed and washed my hand I come back into the bedroom to see Mav half asleep. I jump on him causing him to groan. I giggle "you wanna go swimming." After a couple seconds he says sure and we go and change

He comes out of the closet in black swim trunks and no shirt. The eight pack is hot.

He's hot

"Thanks," Maverick laughs. I said that out load. I don't say anything just blush and walk into the closet putting on a simple black one piece. I walk out of the closet and Mav is leaning against the wall waiting for me. He sees me and grabs my hand interlocking our fingers leading me to the pool.

He jumped in and I slid in of the side swimming towards him. He grabes my waist wrapping my legs around his waist. "Can I ask you something," he asks. "Yeah," I say. "I don't mean this in a bad way at all your beautiful not matter what you wear but why do you only wear one pieces," he asks gently. I knew he wasn't trying to offend me and I understand why he would ask this I wear short skirts and short shorts and crop tops.

"The day Derek did that to me I was wearing one I don't like wearing them the remind me of that day," I say putting my chin on his shoulder and my arms around his neck. That day after it happened I remember going home and telling my mom and she said by wearing that swimsuit I was asking for it.

I was so lost in thought I didn't even notice we were out of the pool until Maverick was sitting in one with me straddling him and he was throwing a towel over my shoulders. He stares  at me while I stare at the tattoos on his chest. "Do you want to go to dinner," he asks after a while I nod getting of him.

I head into the house and up the stairs getting into the shower. While in the shower I shave washed my hair accidentally cut the top of my leg while shaving. I get out of the shower and put on Jean with rips with rips in the knees. A black cropped cami and a thin pink jacket. With my white converse. I only wear mascara and chapstick now that my bruisers are healed I don't have to wear makeup if I don't want to. My hair is in a messy bun with two pieces pulled down

I come out of the closet from getting ready and see Maverick laying on the bed again. With his hand over his eyes again. I slam the closet door shut getting his attention.

"You look beautiful baby girl," he says grabbing my hand and leading me to his light blue keep. Opening the passenger seat he grabs my waist and picks me up putting me in to the tall Jeep. I could of got in by myself. He shuts the door and gets into the drivers side getting in the car we head of to our secret destination.

I can't believe how fast my life is changing. I got away from my parents. I stood up for myself. I got my own car. I actually like somebody. 

Once we get to the restaurant Mav gets out I go to get out but Maverick presses the lock button. I frown until I realize he did that so he could open the door. He unlocks the car and opens the door. He quickly shoves the keys in his pocket. He grabs my waist picking my up and setting me on the ground.

We went and sat inside. "Hi my name is Sophie I'll be your waitress tonight what can I get you to drink," she smiles sweetly staring at Maverick. You've got to be kidding me again.

"Dr. Pepper," I mumble trying not to glare at her "tea," Mav says not even looking at her.  "Jealous again baby," he teases "What no," I say quickly "I tend to grow a bond with men who are like father figures to me cause I have daddy issues." I slap a hand over my mouth hopping I didn't say that out load. 

I glance at Maverick to see him laughing. I look over to see Sophie shocked she sets the drinks down and walks away. Well crap that was embarrassing.

"I like you," I blurt out "I really need some duck tape because I can't shut the fuck up. I don't normally cuss but I do ramble and say weird things when I'm nerves or exited or embarrassed or-" I cut myself of slamming both hands over my mouth.

The waitress comes back over. "You guys ready to order," she asks looking at me strangely cause I still have both hands over my mouth. "Burger with fries," Maverick says. "Me too," I say quickly putting my hands back over my mouth.

She walks away and Maverick just starts laughing. This is really embarrassing. I guess this is what people mean when they say I have a blabber mouth.

We sit there in silence my hands still over my mouth till our food comes. After dinner I tried to pay for the food but Maverick said no. He opens the door and puts me in the car. If your wondering yes my hands are over my mouth. I ended up falling asleep in the car. I feel myself being carried to a room and placed on a bed. I slowly start to go back to sleep till someone goes to take of my pants.

I jump shoving there hands off me but I relax when I see a maid Maverick Proably told her to change me. I told her she could go and change myself and lay back down. Just as I'm about to drift off I feel Maverick lay down and pull me to his chest. I know it's him because of his sent.